Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

beary_clairey Luton

Hello All,

Well My big brother got married last week in Poland. It was a beautiful day and I must say the Polish know how to party.
The wedding was at a Catholic church in my sister-in-laws village. It was so beautiful inside, although we were not allowed to take pictures.

Before the ceremony the couple were blessed at her parents home by the parents.

After the ceremony they had a wonderful reception which started at 3pm and carried on till 5am. Basically you have a sit down dinner of 4 courses, then you drink (usually lots of vodka), you then dance. At 10pm more hot food arrived, you drink more & then you dance more. At 1am a soup course arrived, then you drink some more and again dance some more. So basically if you love eating, drinking and dancing - this is a night for you!!!

Luckily, I enjoy all three. When we got back to the hotel and slept - I woke up hung over and had very sore feet!!! It was a great wedding!!!

Here are some piccies:

davidijg2.jpg

Me & hubby outside the brides home just before the Blessing.

thereceptionjf5.jpg

This is where they had the reception.

outsidethechurchhx6.jpg

The happy couple outside the church!!

outsidethecastleyv9.jpg

Everyone waiting to go in for the reception!!!

Hugs

Claire

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Beautiful pics !  Sounds like a wonderful day Claire !

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Beautiful bride, handsome groom...but you didn't tell us their names. Will they be living in Poland or the UK???

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Wedding, vodka, dancing, sounds like the recipe for a good time.

Lynette

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Simply lovely, Claire . . . thanks for sharing with us!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance: Sounds like a great time!!!  Wishing your brother and new sister in law many, many years of happy bliss  bear_wub  bear_flower

mumka Posts: 80
Website

I'm happy that you like Polish weddings! bear_grin They are just like you wrote bear_original Did your brother married Polish girl?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a handsome couple they are!  I see now where you hid the wedding pics; I asked to see them on the other thread you posted about your Poland trip.

Looks like a beautiful day with smiles all around, just as a wedding should be.  Congratulations to the happy couple.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, you look so nice!

I can't imagine eating soup at 1am! crazy!!!!!!!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

thanks for sharing your photos Claire - what a lovely wedding.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

What lovely pictures and you all looked so great, sounds like you have a brilliant day.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Thank you for sharing the photos. What a wonderful day!
Blessings on your whole family!
Amy

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Thanks for sharing,  I love weddings,
OK I mostly love wedding cake, OK OK any cake,  :cake:  bear_wub
but these pictures are great

beary_clairey Luton

Beautiful bride, handsome groom...but you didn't tell us their names. Will they be living in Poland or the UK???

The bride is Krystyna and Groom is Lee - my Brother. They will be living over here in the UK. She's an accountant and has lived over here for 11 years. They have a house that they are renting and she is 4 months pregnant with their first child. Not that you can see it !!!!

OK I mostly love wedding cake, OK OK any cake

Well if you like cake you would have LOVED this wedding.

The women of the brides family all got together and made 42 big cakes. They then cut them up into slices. They had lots of cake plates scattered along the tables with a couple of slices from each cake on them with sweets and biscuits piled on top.

The wedding cake had 5 tiers and was like a walnut cake with buttercream. Gorgeous!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thanks for sharing beautiful photos !!!  and congratulations for your brother's wedding.  bear_flower  bear_flower

Board footer