Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

I did a painting earlier last week, but it is SOOO not my style and now I'm not sure what I think about it.  This painting is about 40 x 50 inches so it is large and does not make a lot of sense when you stand right in front of it, you have to view it from far away.  (BTW, there's gold leafing in the iris of the big eye as well as the smaller one, so it is very shiny when the light hits it, you can't see that from the photo).  What do you guys think of it?

PAINTING.jpg

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I think it's cool.
a lot of art only looks proper from far away.

You have nothing to be worried about.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

W O W!!! I've been studying all of the parts and planes of Faces (human & others) to needle felt them.
These eyes are wonderful! I'm going to put them in my folder to remind myself about the correct proportions and placements! Too many NFers are making gargoulish gnome faces (frog-like with huge eyes placed so as to look out the sides of the head); any good book on facial proportions will give the base lines and a lot of the current face work (in sculpting) is just putting the parts into their balanced spots.

Wonderful! All of my drawing looks like caveman stick figures....

That last one just pops off the page as it looks directly into the viewer's eyes!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wonderful and arty.
You are very clever.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

I just happen to love eyes and am always looking at them now that I draw them on my doll faces (and every other blank bit of cloth and paper sitting around this house!)...so...I like it.  A lot.

Board footer