Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

So....I thought I was feeling well enough to go to the craft shop for a few supplies and to also have a nice long gander at everything...but it was a disaster...so, after a small cry, I pulled myself together and thought of a way around going out to browse...a good craft shop online..one that is nice, pretty and easy to browse through...anyone got any favourites?  I know its not the same, but its something I really enjoy and hate giving it up...
I'd prefer Australia to buy from but if anyone knows of any that are just nice to browse through that would be great, because thats what I like...looking for ideas, buying all sorts of stuff that I would never have thought of if I hadn't seen it in some section that I wouldn't usually go too....I'd hate to have to give up my craft shop browsing  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
any links, anyone......please  :pray:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I love CR crafts at http://www.crscraft.com/, they are not completely great for bear stuff, here at intercal is better, but they do have things intercal doesn't for other crafting things.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry your shopping expedition didn't go well  :hug: .  One of my favourite online shops to browse is "Over the Rainbow".  It doesn't have bear supplies specifically, but there's some interesting things on there, they have a great range of charms: http://www.polymerclay.com.au/

Here's some other ones for you I've just found courtesy of Google :)
http://www.craftonline.com.au/
http://www.craftyones.com.au/shop

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hi Sarah-I hope you feel better soon.I love www.laboursoflove.com  from BC, Canada. Lots of sewing and bear supplies. Hope you like it.I have no craft shops near me so keep sending in these websites. I am looking for fabrics for my bear dresses.Jane Perala always has such beautiful floral dresses on her bears. We have a fabric and drapery shop but the fabrics are more for quilting.Have a good day everyone!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I just wanted to let you know how good it is to see you online again Sarah  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Unfortunatly I don't have my favorite's list anymore, I will have to have a search for you as I came across a great online shop recently.
I will post it as soon as I find it again.

Australia

Thanks so much Jodi, Catherine, Jane and Chris (thankyou, its so good to be back :hug: ) :hug:
I've been browsing bear_grin  You know you can actually see the lace clearer on the screen than on the rolls at the store...and they have more variety of swarovski beads at the over the rainbow store, pretty name too bear_original I will make not being able to go out to browse into a positive!! tehe  ;)

Jane, Thats just what I want too, variety.  Usually I go through each aisle at the craft store and pick up things from everywhere to add to my bears, beads, paper, pens, glitter, paint...I love it and yes, I have bursting cupboards, but what else is a girl supposed to spend money on  bear_tongue You never know what will inspire you until it catches your eye, something thats harder to do on the net not viewing the whole store but its looking more promising now bear_original

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Sarah, I just recently discovered this one - www.tedsfromthreads.com - someone posted it as a place to get the miniature hole punches for making whites behind the eyes for miniature bears. I ordered the punch and it is just great. I didn't really take the time to check out the web site then but when I got the punch Debi included some samples for me - miniature buttons, bells, etc. so I went back and looked over the site and ordered some more stuff. These miniature buttons are just incredible! Debi is a gem to deal with and doesn't gouge you on the postage which is so nice! Of course it is geared for mini bears but there is lots of stuff on there! I hope you are well enough to get out and about again soon, and in the meantime Happy Online Shopping!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sarah, I like Labours of Love and also Erica's in Indiana. http://www.ericas.com/

Happy browsing.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

These are just general craft supply places and not teddy bear stuff, but I love to browse at:

www.craftcatalog.com
www.factorydirectcraft.com
www.hofcraft.com

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Over the Rainbow was the one I was trying to think off,  :doh:
I have shopped a few times there now.  bear_original

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi Sarah!  I know I owe you a PM!!!!  I JUST remembered!!!!  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

If you click on the link for my Blog.... and then scroll down on the right hand side... you'll see a list called "A few of my Favorite Things."  I've put a couple of really neat links to crafty type stuff... ribbons, plus a place that has nothin' but glitter!!!!  I know how much you love the sparklies!!!!!   bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub

Kim Basta

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Well there goes my morning . Thankyou for the company Sarah. Thoroughly enjoyed browseing with you. bear_thumb
Wendy :dance:

Australia

haha wendy, sorry!  but you did need that coffee break didn't you tehe bear_tongue

Kim,  I've looked through your links and am nearly in tears from the knock on the duir....I will be PMing you back  bear_happy   And oh that glitter site  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Edie, I never thought of looking at thread for teds site.  Gorgeous stuff!!

Sue Ann, Marlys, they look lovely, and just what I wanted :)

I am so happy now!!!!!  thankyou  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Sarah
I hope you are feeling better.
I have not posted very often lately - too busy with work kids etc - but with the Aussie dollars so high now it is sometimes cheaper to buy overseas.
hugs Lisa

Board footer