Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Thought you all might want to see the latest update on "our TT babies". I won't keep boring you all with more pics each week, but will post some from time to time. Here they are.. Beamer is now 2 lbs 1 oz. and Rainbow is 1 lb 12.5 oz

9weeks.jpg

Sonya

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Oh!! Sonya they are ADORABLES!!! bear_wub  bear_wub
Thanks for sharing.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Oh I love seeing these little ones!

Jane

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

OK how on earth do you ever part with such adorable puppies, I could not be a breeder.
I love them both but that Beamer is a cutie putootie!!!!
:hug:
Auntie Jodi
Don't ever stop the pictures!!!!!!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

OK how on earth do you ever part with such adorable puppies, I could not be a breeder.
I love them both but that Beamer is a cutie putootie!!!!

Hahahaha Jodi, that is EXACTLY what I call them both!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Aww they are coming on great. So cute  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_original  Are they learning to pose for their professional pics all ready??  These two look ready for the limelight!!  Are you going to do any breed showing with them as they get older? 

bear_wub  Gosh they grow so quickly  bear_wub

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Debbie
We may decide to show/breed them. Right now it is early to tell if they are going to be nice enough to show or breed. (not to each other) lol 
Of course, I think they are MORE than nice enough, but then again I am thier mom!
Sonya

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Cute!   bear_wub

What age do you decide that they're good enough to show or breed?  And how do you know?  Growing up we had a cocker spaniel from a family of show dogs and they said her hair wasn't long enough so they couldn't show her.  I loved her so much so I'm glad they couldn't show her and we got to adopt her.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hi Chrissie
Sometimes it is hard to tell if they will be good enough. And by the way, when I say good enough, I mean could they win enough points to complete thier championship. It is really subjective as all of the judges have different preferences. But basically we are looking for straight flat backs, nice "blue" backs rather than silver, the ratio of length to heighth, nice silky hair. Since Yorkies don't "break" thier color until around 6 months or so, it is hard to know how they will turn out. But so far, they do look nice to me. The main thing is that they have no major "faults", good leg joints, nice coloring and size. So we will see.
No matter what they are absolutely PRECIOUS to us whether they can be shown or bred or not.

Sonya

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I've LOVED all of your photos and have shared each of them with my hub...he's a sucker for a lil' puppy.  Keep posting pics, it's such nice stuff to open up and read  bear_original   Who doesn't LOVE a puppy??!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Are you keeping these lil' ones??  It looks like you are, but sometimes breeders have clauses in their contracts where they can still show a pup, even after it's adopted.  I'm like Jodi...I'd never be able to part with them!!  Keep the pics coming bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sonya, the babies are so precious. Like Debbie said, they look like they're posing for the camera. I never get tired of seeing puppy pictures, so please keep posting...I know you'll keep taking pictures so throw us a few oohs and aahs.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
SunnieOne wrote:

Hi Chrissie
Sometimes it is hard to tell if they will be good enough. And by the way, when I say good enough, I mean could they win enough points to complete thier championship. It is really subjective as all of the judges have different preferences. But basically we are looking for straight flat backs, nice "blue" backs rather than silver, the ratio of length to heighth, nice silky hair. Since Yorkies don't "break" thier color until around 6 months or so, it is hard to know how they will turn out. But so far, they do look nice to me. The main thing is that they have no major "faults", good leg joints, nice coloring and size. So we will see.
No matter what they are absolutely PRECIOUS to us whether they can be shown or bred or not.

Sonya

thanks, Sonya.  that's interesting.  I think they're cute too no matter what.   bear_original

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

They are so sweet and adorable Sonya.
I love them bear_wub  and yes, we can never see too many photos of darling babies, puppies and kittens.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Good job Sonya, very cute...ya done good.....

dilu

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Yep, it can take a good 6 months with any breed to decide if they'll be 'good enough' to show.    bear_wacko As Sonya says, its all down to the judges' preference. 

Is it still three different judges that you have to get points under for the championship?  I used to help a friend show her Old English Sheepdogs and Shetland Sheepdogs for breed back in the 80s.  It wasn't easy to get a championship, but then that's the whole point.

Board footer