Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

OK I have someone that has tried to hurt me, but what they are doing is getting pretty funny, as some of you have pointed out to me, well it got me thinking of something Magda had posted, it was a challenge of a different sorts, a "pay it forward" thing, that I just thought was wonderful!!!!!

Well here is my spin to Magda's challenge, everytime someone tries to hurt you, turn around and do something kind to someone else or maybe 2 other people.  That way you are taking their negative energy and turning it into something good.  So in that spirit ,I am going to offer another goodie for a giveaway and I am going to do something kind to someone in my area.

OK ladies here is the new "Giveaway Goodie"

jester.jpg

This little jester jack in the box is on a spring and you can snap the lid shut.
It was stock I had from my toy store, so if you would like to win this, just put your name down and in a week I will draw for a name.

Bear Hugs
Jodi

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jodi,
     What a wonderful idea - we should all adopt it!  I'll put my name down for a draw on this wee fellow, if you don't mind.  Take care and have a super day.

hugs,

Brenda

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'd like to put my name down too, Jodi.  Have a wonderful day!!!

bear_flower

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

What a great idea!
And what a cute little jack in the box!

-Eliza

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

how cool! what a great idea Jodi! I'm going to do that, it's better than speading the negative energy.

Also, pleeeeease put my name down! I love this guy!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Of course Jodi, my name has to go down as well! Somehow I just HAVE TO HAVE one of your critters!
Sonya

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

OMG please put my name down as well...I'll do anything to help you neutralize the bad energy :)

Marion

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Hello Jodi,

Another sweet gesture... you are just to good to be true Jodi!  I would like to put my name down for this happy fellow.

Hugs,

Julie

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

What a kind thing to do!!! 
Gosh, if I adopted that theory then the behaviour of my mother-in-law would mean that I would forever be doing 'good turns'!!!!!!! bear_whistle
I would love to put my name down please!! :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario
samanthapotter wrote:

What a kind thing to do!!! 
Gosh, if I adopted that theory then the behaviour of my mother-in-law would mean that I would forever be doing 'good turns'!!!!!!! :whistle:

I understand fully. We visited my mother-in-law a couple of weeks ago and she was looking through our vacation pics. She looked at a pic of her son and I and said - you know, I never thought you two would make it together. 
We've been married 37 years and have 4 kids.  :crackup:  I wonder if she lost a lot of money on any bets she took.

Marion

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

GREAT IDEA JODI, I AM SORRY THAT SOMEONE HURTS YOU.  BUT YOU CAN PUT MY NAME DOWN FOR THAT LOVELY JACK IN THE BOX.
HUGS TO YOU
PAT HAGE bear_wub

sarahjane Brisbane

Wonderful idea Jodi..please put my name down!!

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Great idea Jodi,please include me !
hugs,
Louise x

chainofdaisies Palmerston North, NZ

aww that is a sweet idea. can i put my name down?

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Jodi,

I'm sorry that someone has hurt you. Pay it forward has always been a motto of mine and you have come up with a great rendition of this theme. Please put my name down too.

Hugs,

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, wonderful idea!!!
What a cute jester, please include me too!
:hug:

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Please put my name down too Jodie.

Not sure if you know my recent history, but after 37 years of marriage I am moving on because of something he did.

Am moving interstate which is a bit scary... but am really pumping the positive thoughts into my head.

This is a great idea... well done..

Thanks everyone, you guys are absolutely the best!!!!!!!!

I try very hard to take negatives and counter them with positives,  thats not to say I will let someone walk all over me, but I have honestly decided this person loses all power when what they do, doesn't bother me, and as a friend said, it is only making that person look bad.

I just don't understand why some people enjoy trying to "stick it" to someone else. I can't imagine getting joy trying to make someone else unhappy, what kind of person does that? And this person uses others without their knowledge to do it, which, I really find sad for the person that has no idea whats going on.  Just think what they could accomplish if they used their time to do something kind, then something spiteful.  What an enormous waste of energy.

It's funny when I saw what the person did, I got very angry and wasted a couple hours stewing about it, then I talked to that  friend of mine and when I was talking to her, it's like I had a light bulb moment, I will never,  EVER  get those hours back, they have passed and what did they accomplish, nothing but anger and pain.    bear_sad

Denise I am so sorry you have to go thru the dealing of a divorce, how painful that must be, I think after 37 years it has to be so hard.  I will keep positive thoughts coming your way.

Jodi Falk is going thru it too and she has to be one of the nicest people and everything seems to be so up in the air for her.  If everyone could keep her in your prayers I know she will come out of this OK.

When I had my toy shop I loved all the old type of toys and when I closed it I had such a hard time parting with them, so I kept a ton of them, so I will try to list one every so often, I am just excited others will enjoy them.  I really miss my toy shop and the kids that would come in.

I do have some really great news though, for the last 4 years,  myself  and another lady (the woman who now owns the toy shop) have been trying to get a skate park built in our town, after 4 years we were thinking it was never going to happen and we just found out they have gotten land and are putting 65,000 towards it.  My son loves to skate and there are so many kids that skate too, and they just did not have a safe place to do it, but soon it will happen and I am so happy I could burst!!!!!!! (It will be a place for skateboarders , which is what my 11 yr old does, and in-line skaters.) 

So tonight is a very good night!!!
Jodi

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a beautiful Lady you are Jodi to adopt this theory.

Please can you put my name down for this little Jack in the box.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

How cool Jodi!  Count me in bear_original   I was searching out jack in the box parts online..trying to figure out a way to make a bear in the box..thought it might be cute...those parts are EXPENSIVE :doh:   Getting creative with construction....  bear_grin

This is a super idea.  Take the negative and make a positive...that's the best thing to do for you, your health and your well being.  I try to think about being 110 years old and looking back on things....I doubt I'll ever say " Man I wish I'd told blah blah blah what I really thought"........they're not the moments or people who count, so I just forget 'em......they're inconsequential in the big pic.   bear_thumb

~Chrissi

Chrissi, Have you looked for a Schylling brand jack in the box, they are well made and you can find them fairly cheap on ebay, you might be able to get one cheap and use the parts, but it's the kind with the turn handle, I bet you are looking for one that just loads on a spring and pops out when you open the lid.

Here's a link to the jack in the boxes by schylling   
http://www.schylling.com/mm5/merchant.m … ode=SCP-JB

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Jodi, my name can please go in .

Thanks

Lynette

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

Can I put my name in too. Denise

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Jodi I think you are wonderful, what a kind thoughtful lady you are. I can't believe that someone could be so unkind to you. What a positive lady you are, I think your idea to pay it forwards with kindness is fantastic.
How great to have had a toy shop, it must have been heart wrenching to have let it go. I can just imagine loving every day with little kids coming in with big smiles and the happiness once they had bought a new treasure to play with.
Fantastic news about the skate park, I bet loads of kids will have a great time once it is built. There was a wonderful skate park near where I used to live, my eldest son played there most days until the council built garages on the site.
Please could you enter me into the draw, the Jack in the box looks quite like one my daughter Eve had a a little girl. If I was lucky enough to have my name pulled out I would past the toy onto my daughter, she would cherish it.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Jane, you are a sweetheart!!!
This is just a new angle on Magda's challenge, as I posted before this took hours out of my life that I will never get back, when I could have been working for the breast cancer campaign or a bear/mouse or spending time with my kids having fun, it's strange how when someone hurts you , you want to strike back and hurt them, and I have done that but it didn't make me feel any better, in fact it just made me worn out.  I am not saying I am a Polly Anna, far from it, I just get up each day, work on something I love, enjoy my loved ones , try not to copy, cheat, steal or hurt people and maybe leave the world a little better then when I woke up.

I found this saying and thought it was perfect , it is by an unknown author:
Today is the Best Day of My Life

Today, when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life, ever!

Today, I'm going to celebrate what an unbelievable life I have had so far: the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships because they have served to make me stronger.

I will go through this day with my head held high, and a happy heart.

I will marvel at nature's seemingly simple gifts: the morning dew, the sun, the clouds, the trees, the flowers, the birds.

Today, none of these miraculous creations will escape my notice.

Today, I will share my excitement for life with other people. I'll make someone smile.

I'll go out of my way to perform an unexpected act of kindness for someone I don't even know.

Today, I'll give a sincere compliment to someone who seems down.

I'll tell a child how special he is, and I'll tell someone I love just how deeply I care for them and how much they mean to me.

Today is the day I quit worrying about what I don't have and start being grateful for all the wonderful things God has already given me.

And tonight, before I go to bed, I'll go outside and raise my eyes to the heavens.

I will stand in awe at the beauty of the stars and the moon, and I will praise nature for these magnificent treasures.

As the day ends and I lay my head down on my pillow, I will thank the Almighty for the best day of my life.

And I will sleep the sleep of a contented child, excited with expectation because I know tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life, ever!

--- Unknown

Board footer