Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Hi all,
I've just rec'd an e from Steve Schutt, who'd been in PA recently to visit Jim & Kathy Wallace. I couldn't have been much fun for her, as she's been ill.
Steve asked that we pass on this message:

Hi everybody,

I have been traveling the last couple of weeks.  I spent a good share of my time with Jim and Kathy Wallace.  Last week Kathy went to see her doctor and was put in the hospital.  An MRI showed that she had a brain bleed causing terrible headaches.  She also has a very low white blood cell count and was having problems breathing.  When I left on Tueday the doctors were still doing more tests.  I talked to family members last evening to check in to see what they had learned since my departure.  Tests were still being conducted.  Kathy's daughter Lori suggested I write to several people in the teddy bear community and ask them (that is you) to write a short note or send a card to help keep Kathy's spirits up.  I checked with Jimmy to get his opinion and he also thought it was a good idea.  If you would like to say hi and wish her well, please send you note/card to their home address:
     Kathleen Wallace
     2022 East Main Street
     Douglassville, PA 19518

The doctors were discussing sending her home for the weekend.  Sending the cards to the home address will be best.  Jimmy can take them to her if she is in the hospital when your note arrives.

I will try to keep you posted as I get information.  I am sending this note to many people.  If you do not hear from me with more news, please email me and ask for an update.

Have a great Fathers' Day weekend.  Be magic!   STEVE SCHUTT      And, I am new on the computer and have a limited number of email addresses in my address book.  Please feel free to pass the information on to others that you think might want to send Kathy a greeting.

Krys SoCal

Thank you for posting this. Kathy and Jim are one of the nicest couples I have ever met in the bear world. I just saw her during the Boyds Jamboree weekend celebration (June 2-4) and she didn't look all that well then. I'm really upset over this.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

oh that is so sad. I use to take teddy bear classes from Kathy and Jim in Naples, Florida. They are nice people.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  Kathy is so well respected and a pioneer in the teddy business.  I wish her well and hope she will be in good health soon.

Board footer