Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,
Thought I would tell you about my day yesterday.  I got up & started getting ready for work and was putting away a few dishes that I had set to dry on a towel the night before.  I thought the towel had nothing more on it & picked it up to put it away & forgot about the paring knife that was on it.  The knife hit & punctured a 1/2 inch cut in my bare foot.  It didn't hurt much, but was bleeding quite badly. Had to go to Urgent Care. I am really lucky because I didn't hit any tendons and only needed 2 stitches.

I got to work today & there were all sorts of plastic knives suspended from the ceiling (one of them bloody) with a sign that said "Watch Out For Falling Knives" I have heard every knife joke or pun ever thought up. Contributed a few myelf!

The only bad thing was I couldn't get to my bear supplies to keep busy. Spent the day watching movies.
I don't feel like the sharpest blade in the drawer!
:redface:
TTFN Amy
PS Am still going to the 4th of July parade tomorrow. I am watching...not marching!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:crackup: Must be a great bunch of people you work with.
Sorry about your foot . You were lucky it wasnt worse. :hug:

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Amy -
Sorry to hear about your foot.  I am sure you came up with the best jokes/puns.

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, ouch, hun.  bear_sad  Get better soon.  I know how those knife injuries are, having somehow stabbed myself in the hand not long ago, related to a birthday cake and a re-enactment of PSYCHO's shower scene.  We should probably not ever be in a kitchen together.

Mwaa!!!  Take good care!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh poor you Amy that must be sooo sore and anoying too. Anything that stops you getting to your bear supplies is anoying. What a funny sence of humor your work mates have.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Enjoy the parade today.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Ooowww!!!Amy, that sounds so painful.  I think the stitches sound worse to me than the initial injury!  Feel better soon!

Hugs,
Lisa

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh dear !!!! Heal quickly my dear !!! Your co workers sound like a hoot !!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Sorry to hear about your injury Amy and hope it heals quickly,  it certainly sounds like your co-workers have a very "cutting" sense of humour  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   OK OK  sorry I couldn't resist .

big hugs

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hey, Ginzu!
What, no picture?????  :photo:  (Shelli had lovely pictures for us... which grossed me out! bear_tongue )

I'm glad it wasn't a finger, Amy!
:hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Ouuuuuchies!!!  Hope it heals quickly Amy  :hug:  Too funny about your work mates  bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope all is better now, Amy!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Really glad to have missed Shelli's graphic pics then  bear_ermm   Yeaouch!!!!   bear_cry   That's gotta hurt ~ pride along with the foot, and hand  bear_whistle   Glad your co workers have buoyed you up with laughter today  bear_thumb

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Amy.jpg

Hi All,
I am feeling much better & will be up & dancing before you know it. You asked for a picture so here you go. My office.  You can't see all the knives but you get the idea.

Thanks for all the well wishes (even Shane).
Amy

Board footer