Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I think I have been watching one too many crime shows.  As I was working on a bear this morning, and as I pricked myself with the needle for about the fourth time, I suddenly thought about how much DNA we bear makers must leave on our bears after we have made them.

If there were ever a query about who was the true artist who created a bear - I bet a DNA crime lab could solve the problem!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

haha!!!!  Me too Christine!!  lol.  Too many crime shows and I've thought about it too haha.  Well, I've heard about painters leaving dna over their paintings because they lick their brushes and things like that...we wet the end of cotton to thread needles (or am i the only one and you are all thinking gross! lol) so guess we have all types of dna huh....hmmmm...anyone want to buy a bear!  bear_ermm  haha  bear_tongue

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

CSI eat your heart out, I have left dna on my few that I have made so far, maybe we could have a dna log (like a fingerprint one) would cut out copy cats :crackup:  :crackup:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL... I love crime shows! I always think about how they could trace me with my needle felting wool, mohair and dog hair LMAO...  :crackup:  :crackup:

Sometimes when I watch them alone too late at night, I scare the jeepers out of myself!!!  bear_wacko

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

That's funny but I have thought about that too!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

on mine they'd find a mix of my DNA and cat DNA too. Impossible to get cat pile away from my bears!

bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

TeddyTyke Posts: 65

LOL Christine.  I just did a very pale grey one and was amazed I hadn't drawn blood once. On the home stretch, doing an ear, the inevitable happened - blood all over the bear's head and plenty of it! I sponged it off quick and lucky it left no mark, but that could have been several days' work down the pan!  Like Sophie, mine prob have pet DNA - as my mini bull terrier follows me everywhere and is usually sat next to me when I'm making things! Maybe I should make bears with short, spiky ginger fur then there'd be no evidence!  Actually doesn't seem to matter much with bears but it's worse when you;re knitting as the dog hairs seem to stick to wool!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I've had that thought many times too - especially after sticking a felting needle through my finger.

Marion

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Thank you so much girls.  You make me feel "not quite so odd" thinking about this!!

Board footer