Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

I have admitted to you all honestly that I do not know much about computers. I want to have a website designed.What do I need to know and do? There must be some preparation involved.Can someone do it from their computer? (See how dumb I am???) What would the cost be? Do they update for me each time?Can I learn to do it myself when adding bears?I have looked at all the websites listed here for weeks now and they are fabulous.Do you girls make gorgeous bears AND gorgeous websites as well? :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Oh I think this is all beyond me! :redface: If anyone can tell me a few beginning steps, could you email or pm me.I would appreciate it and then I could get out of my chair and DO something.Instead I am spending my time with my head spinning and not accomplishing anything but tears of frustration! Thanks in advance! Sincerely Jane D.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sites like www.Homestead.com or www.Freewebs.com are great places to start if you want to be able to 'do it yourself'. They have templates you can use and walk you through step by step for a simple site.

There are banners here for advertisers who will design and maintain your website for you.

I believe Yahoo has a package with templates included that you can use for your website.

You might also want to check TT's library for info on websites. It's the drop down menu at the top of the page above your first post where the little smiley is waving at you to get your attention. The last option in the drop down menu is "Website".

There is a lot to it.... I won't lie to you. But the free or inexpensive sites are a great place to start.  bear_thumb

Midland, Ontario

Thank you Daphne-I didn't think of the library. :redface: Lots of stuff there.Sorry everyone.Ihad just used it to read about "Stuffing" but didn't look further.

sarahjane Brisbane

Jane I have been using Freewebs and have found it to be very user friendly and easy even when you dont know anything about websites. So far I have been happy with them

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I can also recommend Freewebs for you.  I am very computer illiterate, and I wanted a simple website that I could update myself.  I went through the Freewebs process, it took quite a bit of time, so be prepared to spend a lot of time at your computer, but I certainly managed it in the end.  The great thing is that it is free to join Freewebs and to start playing around setting up your site, so you are not financially committed in any way.  Later on, you may wish to do what I did and pay a small monthly fee to upgrade and remove the adverts. 

If I could work it out on the computer, believe me, anyone can!!!!!

Midland, Ontario

Thank you girls for your interest and input.I will have a look at free webs-not much faith in myself but will try. :pray: Your sites look great! :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

JAne the girls are absolutely correct. Freewebs is great for beginners. Take their tutorial as many times as you need. We all started at the very beginning with no or very little knowledge of these things.
Take baby steps. It is really OK.
You will find freewebs to be a good sounding board for you.After time you will understand what you want from a website and how you would prefer to have it set out.
It will give you a better base  when deciding to build a customed designed site.
After two years on the computer and with help from fellow TTers , I am now confident in my computer skills.
I took baby steps. one step at a time. 
Wendy bear_thumb

Board footer