Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

..No, not Susan - but 5 Golden Rings, as in The Twelve Days of Christmas.

I'm ready to ship my article to Mindy for this upcoming project, and I think I should've started to search for these long before I picked up the felting needles!!

I spent fruitless hours in 99F heat checking the Michaels, Hobby Lobby (where 'Seasonal' is 66% off and Christmas is on the shelves) today. Tomorrow I'll hit the Linen's & Things & Bed, Bath & Beyond-type shops.

Am I missing the obvioius???

I need circles (of any material as I can make them Gold) 1" to 1.25" across the center - 3 cm and approx 1/4" to 3/8" wide (across the band where a twinkly jewel would go.)

HELP! Any suggestions? My last hope is the plumbing dept at Home Depot.

puddinjack Bay Street Bears
Bristol, Tennessee

Bobbie, Did you check the bridal section of Michaels?  They sell the little gold bands for decorating, or would they be too big?  Hope this helps!!   bear_flower Wendy

suburban Chicago

I should have said this, Wendy - in checking the Michaels/Hobby Lobby/Hancocks/JoAnn's (Dinky store!!) the bridal section has regular 'ppl' ring sizes: for novelties, sewing into Ring Bearer's pillows etc.

What I need are larger than ppl rings, as in the size listed above.

Any cafe curtain rings, wood rings, anything like that.... I've seen only one that would have worked - perfect scale of width to thickness, but they were 3" across!! I need about 1/3 that size.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh man..... shower curtain rings was the only feeble thing that came to mind, but I don't think they'll be small enough for what you need. 

....I'm drawing a total blank for anything that might be to hand, unless you happen to have some gold filled wire to shape into rings yourself  :redface:   I really hope you can find something in time  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

With those specifications I'd buy a dowel at or close to the size you need and shaped the rings by hand. 

You've still got a bit of time for shipping it out so don't panic yet!!  bear_flower   The only other thing I can think of is a key ring.  They do sell them in single bands, as well as the 2 band type you have to pull apart to slide your key around.....know what I'm talking about...not sure if what I've typed made sense bear_laugh  You can find the the key ring loops at all the craft stores too.  GOOD LUCK!!  bear_thumb

:hug:
~Chris

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Binder rings too...check them out (???)

:hug:

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Sounds like jewelry stuff to me  bear_original

http://www.artbeads.com/wood-rings.html

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details … =H207565NB

I can highly recommend both companies, and you should get them fast (especially from Artbeads).

Hope this helps!
Kelly

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Bobbie... do they have to be metal?  Could you perhaps make them out of gold cord?

Lynn Wisconsin

What about checking at a Home Depot or a hardware store.  Possibly PVC pipe cut into sections and spray painted?

Good Luck
Lynn

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I'm thinking that I've seen these and purchased them in fact in the Embroidery/Yarn section of Michaels.  Believe it or not there are still people that do Macrame out there and I'm thinking of those planters that always had the gold ring on top to hang them from the ceiling hook.  I purchased some of them there a couple of months ago for a clown I was making.  I wanted hoops for his dog to jump through.

Also, what about bracelets?  You can go to any dollar store and they usually have a TUB of bracelets for children which would be about the right size.  If they're plastic, you can spray paint them.

Just some thoughts...Good Luck!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

HHMM what about Office Max...I know it may be a stretch but they have those metal rings that open and close.   bear_ermm

How about ebay?

suburban Chicago

OK, you can all stop scratching your heads for me. TY! Some of the sites were old favorites and some - new resources.

In my usual blundering way, I never considered that Mindy might've assigned that portion of her Christmas project to someone.. and they're here on TT!!!

To this fellow member, I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT INQUIRING ABOUT IT FIRST!! I have the Goose and the line after "6 Geese A-Laying" is "5 Golden Rings". I was going to surprise Mindy with a co-ordinating piece. PLEASE - my MOST ABJECT APOLOGIES for not realizing the situation. I had no intention of stepping on toes, but to just do a bit more.

I intended to auction my piece off in November, along with a copy of the TB&F issue, so I will just save my wreath/nest & rings for that!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I was indeed scratching my head... because I knew someone else had the 5th Day of Christmas.
Glad you don't have to go searching for Golden Rings now! bear_original

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

How delightful!  Trust Mindy to come up with some clever idea like this  bear_rolleyes   At least you don't have to panic over the rings now.   bear_thumb

Board footer