Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

I woke up this morning at 6.30 in a total panic after having a dream that i was transferring my bears from my house to Huggletts show. For some reason I was in my neighbors van with all of my bears in the back. We were just about to set off when he reversed in to a shallow river. I had to try and rescue my bears from the water slowly getting in. I managed to get my bears out of the van and on to the river bank and decided I needed my car. I went to get my car but when i got back to my bears they had been stolen by men on motor bikes. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko
I panicked and ran to the nearest house for help, When i went in my bears were all around the house and I was trying to get them back with out the house owner noticing. When I asked the woman where the rest of my bears were, she told me she had put them in the washing machine because they had mud on them. I can remember feeling totally gutted as I would not make it to the show with only 3 bears and 2 soggy bears from the machine.
How Funny bear_grin  bear_grin  Do you think I am subconsciously panicking!!!
Does anyone else have these panic dreams before a big show??? bear_grin  bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Chloe what a dream. I think, yes, you are subconsciously panicking. Take a big breath in then let it out slowley whilst telling yourself everything will be ok. I'm the one who should be panicking as I only got my invite less than six weeks before the show. Yikes, where's that mohair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh horrors upon horrors!!! Panicking a bit? Hmmmmm.....yes....I might put my bears in plastic bags just in case you are psychic!!! Seriously, I wish you the best with your show....

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Chloe,
Don't worry! I've been doing shows, some very large shows, by myself for many years. I still get the weird dreams. Most of these dreams don't involve my cats, but I get to a place, everything is confused, no one knows what I'm talking about and they look at me like I have three heads  bear_tongue  Wait, that sounds like what my waking life is like  bear_grin bear_rolleyes Don't worry. I always tell myself "You're just excited about the show, you're not nervous."
Karen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I think you need to take a nice long bath in candlelight with soft music, wine and chocolate.... clear your head, then go right to bed for a good night's sleep!!!

If that doesn't work at least know you are not alone in your subconsciuos (and likely conscious) state of panic! I've had those sorts of dreams too.... it sort of adds to chaos!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Daphne

Stellajella Wien

Chloe, oh my, what a dream!
Do you have a fat needle grown onto your fingers already? :crackup:
To prevent this from happening: do what Daphne suggested....it sounds verrrrrrrrry tempting to me!

good luck

Gaby bear_flower

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Chloe, the trick is to consciously panick like I do, and then you won't have those scary dreams!!! bear_laugh Only kidding!
I leave for a show tomorrow and I am still trying to finish one more bear!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh dear LOL  What a funny dream.  Just take deep breaths, everything IS going to be OK!   :hug:
Danni

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Thanks Guys, The funny thing is I am quike sorted for the fair, Only need a few more bears and I am sure I can get that done in a month.
Never mind, Last night I slept like a baby. bear_grin

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Chloe I think it was more like a nightmare than a dream bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked Glad to hear you had a peaceful night last night, you seem to be well organised and good luck with the show

Board footer