Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

MH-b_PUDDLE_TTClarenceupclose.jpg
This is my latest PUDDLE Clarence. I thought I would show off his needle felted bill which I used a different technique to my usual.  I'm really pleased with the result.
Wendy

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Wendy, how wonderful!!! Looks fabulous!!!!!

Hugs &

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

He is really lovely.  Gotta love his expression.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Great job, what a cheeky look Clarence has...

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wendy, Clarence is fantastic, you are doing great work on these. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Clarence is just the most gorgeous boy.  His face is delicious.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Even more expressive face/expression, Wendy!
We had that other thread earlier about getting the eyes to show up in photos: as your muzzles tend to come over the eyes a bit, and they're actually angled slightly to the side as opposed to teddy eyes that sit up straight, front & center,  you're probably always going to have to photgraph your work from a 'side' view. It's like a lot of prey animals: their eyes are set off to the sides a bit to give them views all around. You hardly ever see their faces shot from straight on because their eyes would not be in view.
So turning the heads of your work to a 3/4 position, like this one, or their whole bodies if the heads aren't jointed, are best going to show off your great pieces!

WA

YES! you are absolutely right Bobbie. Since your past advice I decided not to fight it but try and work with the eyes when photographing.
Looking at him straight on in the fur he is really very sweet. And both eyes even though not quite visible the mind plays tricks and says that they are. The camera on the other hand will only show exactly what IT sees.
I also used different eyes on this Puddle. They are quite photogenic. That does make difference when you are photography challenged like me. :doh:  bear_grin 
Cheers
Wendy :dance:

suburban Chicago

Do I ever know how the camera sees what my eye doesn't.
I HATE the images of my Grizzly bears because every fiber shows a different color, which I've custom blended. In person they look like nice Grizzly golden browns.

Those eyes are stunning!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

nice work! I really love his 'cheeks' and the color and it looks like he sold really fast! Sweeeeeeeeet!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic work Wendy  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AH as always Wendy.... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Beautiful work and gorgeous eyes!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

svgartistbears Posts: 62

How are you Wendy? , Clarence Puddle is the cheekiest devil and he has the most amazingly mesmerising expression,and beautiful eyes- truly adorable, how could you not fall in love?  Your felting techniques are exceptional, i love the color matching of fur and felt too what a great color fur.:rose:

WA

Thanks for the compliments folks. They hit the right spot. :hug:
I am still amazed at how many different ways there is with this needle felting to achieve just the right finish.
I like the finish to this over lay technique. Time consuming but definitely worth it.
Do you needle felt Shayne?
Wendy bear_thumb

Hi again Wendy, yes im just beginning to needlefelt  properly now and i posted a couple a week ago of my first try,  but i have to say its darn addictive and i have at least five projects on the go at once, hehe, and ive decided to do the muzzle and open mouth part of a Bunyip that ive been busy working on too but its as big as a wallaby so it is takin like forever, we are a bit spoilt for different wools here in Aus arent we? and i've been busy doing little tests to see which ones do what when they are used to felt with, because some of the finer micron are useless, wouldnt be bad for lining ears and such but where body is needed not really stable so i agree with what you said earlier. IM also a bit hooked on dyeing my own wool at the moment some of the color combos are really great which you can do that you just cant buy, do you dye your own as well? ANyway I really admire your needlefelting skills they are just great. take care. bear_flower

suburban Chicago

THANK you Shayne!
That's exactly what I've been slowly working on for over 3 years! What works for WET felting just does not equate to use for NEEDLE felting. I have well over 300 samples of different breeds & crosses, to demonstrate why and how they will react with the needle.

All fiber suppliers are familiar with wet felting, the pre-history techniques for handling fiber. But too few know about dry/needle felting. If they cannot advise a prospective customer about what each of their fibers will do when needled, then we have to be forearmed with a few basic premises.

To that end my comprehensive book is being directed. For all those who've asked in the past - The Project goes forth!!

That is just fantastic Bobbie, with your knowledge and talents I am certain that just about everyone here in 'TT' would love one of your books - so you better let us all know, as long as you autograph em for us too tho, I have to say that it was your work that I first heard about and seen Needle felting , i was in awe and still am of your amazing talent, so i thankyou Bobbie for that because i havent had as much fun creating in a long time the applications for needelfelting are endless arent they? God bless and its nice to finally say g'day to you. - well kinda!  bear_flower  :hug:  :hug:

WA

Hi Shayne, No I dont dye my own wool. Only the mohair.
Looking forward to the moment I can sit down quietly with your book Bobbie :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

Board footer