Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Our-Prison.JPGRue-De-Poncelet.JPGSaturday-Morning.JPGMum.JPGOur-Hotel.JPGEeeeh.JPGArch-De-Triumph.JPGHere are a few of our holiday photos that I would like to share with you.

The first is the Arch de Triomphe and then the Eiffle Tower, the Louvre Museum and then the Mona Lisa.
Paris was a gorgeous City and we did a lot of walking and climbed 600 steps up the Eiffle Tower and did the tour
around the City on a double decker bus.

This was the view out our little apartment, 13 Rue de Poncelet, which was near to the Arch de Triomphe.
It was such a lively street all hours of the day and I am sure that the French people do not sleep.
We had a fruit market, cheese shop, fish shop and wine shop all down below us - so the smells in the foyer of the
apartment  were interesting! Some of the cheeses were too much!
The French  food was amazing - the pate, french bread and croissants and the wonderful deli's, you could just stare like a
small child in a candy store.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

OH you lucky thing I would love to travel.  Hopefully in the next year or two.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Carolyn it sounds like you had a wonderful time on your holiday. Thanks for sharing the pictures, that's a lovely one of you by the Eiffle Tower, it looks as if the weather was kind to you too.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Carolyn they are great photo's how did you manage to get a photo of the Mona Lisa? I am so glad that you had a great holiday and the it looks as though the weather was good for you.

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire
patsylakebears wrote:

Carolyn they are great photo's how did you manage to get a photo of the Mona Lisa? I am so glad that you had a great holiday and the it looks as though the weather was good for you.

I was thinking the same thing! Naughty naughty Carolyn, You can't take pictures of the Mona lisa. But Shhhhhhhh :crackup:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

oh the pictures look wonderful. You are so lucky to have been to Paris...I hear the french food is great.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ahhhhhhh, Paris.  One of my favorite places on earth.  The light in that city is breath taking.  Even the view out your window reminds me of time spent there, of the aromas and sights.  Did you get to eat crepes?  I love those little sidewalk crepe vendors.  Not something you'd find most other places (although I noticed recently that San Francisco is opening a lot of crepe restaurants.)  I'm delighted to hear you had a wonderful trip.  Was it your first time there?

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

uhh, so jealous here! LOL

thanks for sharing your photo's I can almost smell the cheese!  :crackup:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks for sharing Carolyn!

I was so lucky you went to Le Mans to spend a day with us! I will never ever forget, for sure!

I am pleased you enjoyed your time in Paris.
And French food is very good, I agree with that. I cannot tell whether it is the best ever, as I have not much to compare with...  :crackup:
We have hundreds of different cheeses in France, as every part of France has its special ones. Some are very very smelly and very very strong in taste. I do eat a lot of cheese.
Crêpes are almost the same as pancakes for those who wonder what these are... I love them.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Yes that was our first time to Paris, for my husband and I. We were able to make use of our 3rd and 4th form French classes. ( comes back after all those years! )
It is a place that I have always wanted to go to and I just loved it.
Everything is so old - every time you opened the old shutters over the window, big flakes of the paint would fall off into
the street below. We did get to eat crepes, very yummy.

The french food is great but we found the food that we bought from the deli and took back to our apartment was better than  some of the food in the restaurants.

About the Mona Lisa - I was astounded that everyone else was taking photos of the painting and after lining up for  a long
time to even get a glimpse of her we thought we would take one also. There were two guards there and they didn't seem to mind.

It was lovely to meet Sophie and Malko and spend a day at Le Mans with them.
I will add some more photos soon.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

(sigh)  Just lovely.  Someday.  (another sigh)

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh lucky you Carolyn!!!  what gorgeous photos  bear_wub  bear_wub  and to meet up with dear Sophie must have been wonderful.  I'm not sure about those 600 stairs up the eiffle tower tho  bear_ermm

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

You have no idea just how jealous I am.  Paris is THE place I want to go, so I am SOOOO Jealous!!!
Danni

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Looked like lots of fun !

Board footer