Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Tina Remem-bear Artist Bears

Hiya

We decided it had been WAY too long since we last decorated, and since we were having the central heating all replaced anyway, then what a perfect time to redecorate.

Week one, OK, loving it, no plumbers due yet.

Week two, we decide to wood panel youngest son's room, nice relaxing job, looking good. We had a pile of wood panelling leaning against a wall in the hall and one slipped, cracks the toilet basin in half and we have a lovely flood in the downstairs hall, lol.  bear_shocked

We now had to get an emergency plumber in, get the loo replaced, and get the builders in to replace the ceiling in the hall.   bear_angry

So then I decide, OK, all the painting in done, I'm happy with all the walls and ceilings, let's wood panel all the floors downstairs, so we go out and get that. Now I want the stairs all sanded back to their original wood, so that's my job for today, lol. Then we have the upstairs floors to sand back.

Now that the house is looking quite nice, the builders have come and gone, the plumbers should be finished on Tuesday, I've started to visualise a new garden, lol!! Poor hubby has had enough, lol!!

I'm not too demanding, am I?  bear_tongue Lol.  bear_whistle

Anyone else decorating? All my bear making gear is packed away safe, and I can't get it out until all the decorating is done, and I can't wait to make some more bears!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:  :dance:

Hugs
Tina xxx

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Hi Tina, you have my admiration, we have a whole house that needs doing but due to lack of funds and lack of OMG where do we start syndrome, well lets just leave it like that shall we!!

Now packing the bear gear away as an incentive :cry:NOOOOOO

Gardens fine, keeps husband occupied when one wants to sew'n'stuff :crackup:
:hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh Tina, mammouth task but think of 'when it's done' we'll all be jealous!!  We've been doing a huge garden 'redo' this year, it was WONDERFUL to get it finished, just some painting to go and it will be lovely!!

Good luck and it's lovely to see you here again!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Hi Tina,
yes we are redecorating but it is a huge process for us as we are remodelling as well.  We are finishing up the outside so we can start on the kitchen next (the outside has a BBQ so we can still cook when the kitchen is ripped apart.)
It is a long job as we are not borrowing any money for it.  But once done the areas look great.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I have just finished decorating the living room and that is enough decorating for me at the moment-it seems to take forever and you spend all day on it bear_whistle .It looks great now that it is finished but I was glad to get back to my bear making as I have my first show in Norwich at the end of September and I have only 3 bears finished at the moment bear_shocked
Laurie :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at this question!!  bear_grin I'm probably the Redecorating Queen of Teddy Bear Land!!!  I have several projects in the works right now.  Before working on bears today I have crown and dentil moulding to paint!! 

If I weren't designing bears I would go back to school and get degrees in Interior Design and Landscape Design.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I have been known to be called the "Tiling Queen" as of late. So far I have done one of the upstairs bathrooms, the downstairs bathroom and am getting ready to start on the kitchen floor, then on to the enryway. It is looking great (and thank you to the guy at Home Depot who said to do the bathrooms first... it is good practice)
Sonya

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Sonya.... could you fly up here and help me do my kitchen backsplash please?   Then, after we do that...perhaps we can both go to Aleta's to help with painting and drinking those Lemon Drop Martinis....

After doing our bathroom.... we kind of fell off the reno bandwagon.... and it has been a disaster for too many years to count now.  Man, that does it.  I am off to look for my fav tiles...I could get busy and do it myself.  Poor Greg just has no time right now..

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

We've had remodeling going on over the last month. We've removed a wall between the two small bedrooms upstairs to give Ashley more area; removed a wall downstairs between our office and family room; replace a couple of windows; added pot lights throughout that new area and in the kitchen. Amazing how much nicer and open it seems.

Doing a little makes you realize how much more you need to do. We'll eventually get to everyroom, but Allyn says his checkbook needs a little time to recover. We've ordered new carpet for Ashley's room and we'll put wood floors in the family room. And we're deciding on paint.

My sewing room upstairs had so much stuff moved into it that I can hardly walk through to get to my machine, and much of Ashley's stuff is still piled in the living room so there's lots and lots of more work to do but I'm so happy with how things are coming along.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

We're still working on decorating our house that we bought last December. The biggest project so far was turning the garage into an office.  We are thinking about adding on to the house too.  I like decorating a lot and have a notebook of ideas.

Board footer