Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi all, I came across this really gruesome site.  For those that want to see the results of tangling with a Polar Bear.
I must stress, it may distress most people.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/polarbear.asp

mickeyflip Sunshine Coast, QLD

oh..my...gawd...  bear_shocked

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That'll cure me of being so curious.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  Nasty!

Hugs Jane.  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Stellajella Wien

Chickin me canĀ“t go looking.....

Gaby bear_flower

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

OMG  bear_shocked  should have taken your warning - just viewed this after breakfast and ewwwwwww. Should have viewed it before (would have helped the diet no end!  bear_grin ).

Thank you for sharing Chris (I think)

Hugs Ali x

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Maybe this bear knew they were hunters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Polars have no real fear of humans...and view them as crunchy/munchies.  Pity someone tacked on the last pic to make the whole series suspect.  Good on Snopes for verifying.  And that guide was excessively lucky to have lived to tell the tale. 

Hubby and I have friends that used to live up in Alaska, and they said occasionally someone would try to make it into town on a snowmobile.  They'd only find the snowmobile and a bloodspot.  Seems the polars can easily grab the person from the 'toy' and have a snack.   bear_sad   Part of the food chain....

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow.  Definitely not for those of us with weak stomachs who hide our eyes during even the lamest horror movies!!!  Extremely distressing...

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

oh my goodness...poor guy....poor bear...We are encrouching on the animals territory. They are hungry....The result is this.....nobody wins here....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Note to self never hunt anything that can hunt back. Who's the top of the food chain??? That's like swimming with sharks!!!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I did warn you, it is rather gruesome, sorry it spoilt your breaky Ali.  bear_flower
I feel more sorry for the poor polar bear, he was only after breakfast.
Remind me never to go smowmobiling in Alaska  bear_shocked

Board footer