Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Hi Everyone,
      I haven't been around much since the recent losses in my family have been all time consuming bear_sad     
         I have been wondering if the on-line shows are going well??  I may have missed some of the discussion about them (if anyone can provide a link).  My bear making progress has been slow.  I hope to have more time to create and sew this winter.....and maybe one of these shows would work out for me to progress with my bear making???
   Any input would be appreciated bear_original

Bear Hugs,
                           JeannieB bear_original

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I found the Bear Artists On-line show was very good. I sold my bear in seconds after it started...in fact I had customers waiting till it opened because they were eager to see the bear..I wished I had made more when it went straightaway!! Others did very well too!

These fairs are a good showcase for artists if they are well promoted and the pages look appealing to visitors.  It depends on the fees too and whether they are payable even if you don't sell anything as to whether it's worth it for you. The one I did was a success and you only pay if you are not a member...which is good. I got lots of new potential customers from it too which is uplifting.

I would give it a go!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I took part in the BAO show in June too and was really pleased with my sales.  What was equally important for me, was the way the show was run.  I thought the practical aspects of show management worked beautifully and made it very straightforward for collectors to purchase their bears of choice.  I loved that the bears were all created exclusively for the show, as this made the show extra special for both exhibitors and collectors.  It was fun for exhibitors to keep in touch via the BAO forum on the big day too - the forum gave us the opportunity to create a real sense of cameraderie and atmosphere even though we were spread far and wide!

So, this particular show has a big thumbs up from me and I'm happy to support it again in November!  bear_thumb

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Thank you Jenny, Ellen and Paula!!   
            As my bears and photography progress, I really think this would be a great way to go for me! I will start watching and learning!  Sounds like you'll have had good experiences with it.  I am looking forward to watching the next one! Maybe I'll be ready next year! lol!!

Hugs,
                               JeannieB bear_original

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I loved doing the BAO show...it was great fun, sales were good and the exposure definately helps too!
Penny does a wonderful job of organising and displaying all the bears.  :clap: Yea Pen Pen!!! :clap:
I am so pleased to be doing the Winter Warmer Show in November and really looking forward to it!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I enjoyed the show last June and am looking forward to participating in November's show. It was very well run and profitable for me!

Marion

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

What about other on line shows??    such as the one on NCTB coming up in  Nov?  Anyone have experience with with this show or others?

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

So far I've only done the BAO show and that was fantastic.....doing the upcoming Winter Warmer.  I'm very pleased to be an exhibitor in the Nov. Ho Ho OhBearz Show (NCTB) for the first time too.  I think the opportunity, exposure, and connections the online shows allow can't be beat.  If we're able to consider Ebay as advertising / an advertising cost....hoping that people will see you out there... why not be open to and thrilled to participate in well produced online shows that specifically cater to our art and artists? (not really a question, just me talking bear_laugh )  It can't hurt!

The collectors I've met and sold to probably won't be making the trip to the live and in person show I'm participating in.  (3 shows in Nov bear_wacko bear_grin  ....one of the reasons my blog is totally stagnant and I'm not out here too much right now....making bears, making bears, making bears)  My collectors would need to fly in (over oceans even) to make that live show...so doing online shows is a nice thing to offer.  Well done graphics, features, and ease of shopping coupled with artists dedicated to quality appeals to collectors (from what I've heard). 
The past year has been such a learning experience for me.  I'm more and more inclined to sell via
website(s) & shows.

Back to the bears.... have 4 on the table waiting for paw pads bear_laugh

:hug:
~Chrissi

Board footer