Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

It's a long story. But I need a high res scan of the cover of the first issue of TBF -- Spring 1983, and I need it ASAP. It's the one with two bears, a horse, and a hedgehog on the cover. I've done some 600 dpi scans of covers and come up with 3MB files, which I can send and receive via e-mail.

If you can help me, please PM me at: mkinsey@madavor.com.

Many thanks!
Mindy

K Pawz Guest

sorry Mindy, but I will check on eBay for you

Hugs,
Krista

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Don't bother; eBay is part of the long story.

OK, here it is:

I've got it here somewhere. I have all of the issues. I'm the editor, of course I have them. But I was reading the first two years' worth over the summer and somehow managed to misplace the very first one. Which I didn't realize until I needed to scan the cover for a decoration for Schaumburg, and the publisher told me to frame it, too. I tore my office apart looking for it (it's very tidy now). Finally I gave up and bought one from eBay. It showed up a week later, but they sent me the wrong issue -- I got the 10th anniversary issue, which recreated the first cover, rather than the first one. The seller is sending me the correct issue, but it won't go out until tomorrow or arrive until next week, and in the meantime, I need to make my decoration and frame the dratted thing before the Schaumburg show, which is in two weeks. So I'm getting a little panicky. And still looking in unlikely places for my own copy of the first issue. I know it's not in the furnace room, but, hey, maybe it slid under the door. There's no reason for it to be in my huge bin of bear-making supplies, but I was working on a project about that time and maybe I picked it up along with some fabric... You get the idea.

So I gave in and decided to ask the world at large for help, knowing I'm making myself look fairly foolish in the asking.  :redface:

K Pawz Guest

Hi Mindy, sorry this is the best I could find, although not what you were looking for, but might help you with something else.
Hugs,
Krista
http://search.ebay.ca/Teddy-Bear-and-Fr … sofocusZbs

http://search.ebay.ca/Teddy-Bear-Friend … ameZRC0021

K Pawz Guest

OH Mindy, take a deep breath and don't panic, I am sure someone will have it for you

Hugs,
Krista

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What, you mean you're not PERFECT???  I'm sure it will all be okay.  But that's just quasi-reassuring pablum. 

Have you talked to Dave Miller?

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Mindy,
     Can't you ask the seller to try and take a decent picture of the cover digitally for you and email it?  If you explain the situation, maybe he will really try and get a good one.  I have tons of the old ones, but not that one - sorry!

hugs,

Brenda

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Drat, I thought I might be able to help, but no such luck.  I bought a box of 200 old issues of TB&F and TBR on eBay a few years ago.  Just checked and the earliest I have is dated 1984.  Close, but no cigar! 

Good luck!
Kelly

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Sorry, can't help but I had to stop by and say how thrilled I am to see Yvonne's bear on the front cover of your new avatar!!!!!!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Oh drat!  The oldest issue I have is Summer 1983.   bear_cry   I hope someone else can find it for you! 

Lynne (long time TB&F reader!)

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Oh Mindy, I might have it.  The trick is going to be finding it...give me a couple days to poke around  through my endless books.  If I have it I will let you know right away.

Edit:  If I don't have it, I bet ya John Port might have it.

Board footer