Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Every morning I sit outside on the porch rain or shine and enjoy a cup of coffee while the cats munch quite loudly I might add and just watch the morning come to life.  This morning across the pasture not one but TWO mother deer with sets of twins went bounding hip hop across the field.

There was no time to grab a camera...it was just beautiful with the sun coming over the foothills and the mist on the grass.

<Sigh>

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sounds wonderful and peaceful Shantell.    Tomorrow morning maybe you could have your camera by your side.  Would love to see a photo.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Awwhhh...what a gorgeous way to wake up to the world  bear_wub  bear_flower   If its a good year, the does will easily have twins.  This year we saw one doe with triplets.  LOL, and she looked fed up with them  bear_rolleyes  bear_laugh

I'm with Judi... have that camera ready  :photo:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

That sounds SOOOOOO lovely Shantell!!!! Wish I was there!  This morning I looked out MY window and saw an

enormous

bird across the street!  I didn't know what it was, so I screamed to my husband... "Oh my God I think there's an ostrich across the street!"  It was the first big bird I could think of!   bear_whistle  bear_rolleyes

It was just a wild turkey! Not nearly as beautiful as deer... we have a lot of deer here too.  They are so graceful!  bear_wub

Kim Basta

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Ahhh yes...twin fawns are such a sweet sight! When I went to Texas on the train, I saw Does with Twin Fawns a number of times & there were lots of them near where out Son & DIL live. Great sight to wake up to Shantell!!!

Hugs &

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

We have triplets here. I LOVE to watch them. Seeing them first thing in the morning as you did Shantell was definitely a beautiful way to start the day. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and enjoy the moment w/o taking pictures of it! But I'm with everyone else... bring your camera with you tomorrow morning!
:photo:  bear_grin

Board footer