Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hi everyone-I will be in the Orlando area on the weekend of the show.Do I understand correctly that the show is open to the public on the Sat& Sun.???(keeping fingers crossed snd holding my breath here!!!)Will any other TT's be there as collectors and artists? It sounds like a wonderful show.This would be my first American show.Please tell me that I can attend.I will save my Xmas and birthday money!!!Sincerely Jane D.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Jane,

I plan on being there as a collector on either Saturday or Sunday.

Hugs,

Midland, Ontario

Hi Gijzette- I visited your town as well.I love Mt. Dora! We stay in Daytona Beach from Jan.10-Feb.14. You live in a most beautiful town.Sincerely Jane D.

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Jane I'm jealous!  I would LOVE to be there with you bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I hope you enjoy it, You'll have to tell us all about it so we can live the excitement through you!

Hugs,
AndreaM bear_original

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Jane,

I'm glad you like the quiet little town I live in. Daytona is also nice and where we usually go when we want to go to the beach.

Let me know if you want to meet up while you are here since you will be so close.

Hugs,

Midland, Ontario

Andrea it would be fun if you could come too.Our suite is right on the ocean and there really would be room for you.You would certainly brighten anyones's vacation.Gijzette hopefully you will come to visit us at the beach while we are there.I will pm you closer to the date.Sincerely Jane D.

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

:redface:  Awwwww Thanks Jane :redface:  That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me!
I truly hope you have a great time.

Hugs :hug: ,

AndreaM bear_original

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Jane,

OH yes  Jane the show is open to the Public on Part of Saturday I think not until noon and then all day Sunday. 

We aren't doing IDEX in Orlando this year so we won't be there.  It's a really nice nice show if you are into Dolls, there are really not that many teddy bear artist there, I would say less than twenty.  Technically the artist are not suppose to be able to sell any teddy bears, some will have a show bear and that's the one they are only suppose to be selling. 

Steven was not happy with the show at all, again it was mainly about Dolls and it was not very well set up for Teddy Bear artist.  They were pretty much shoved out into a separate room (loving referred as the teddy bear ghetto  bear_grin  bear_grin )

I know that Madavor Media took over the show early last yr, so hopefully they will be making some changes to the show and making it a little bit more Teddy Bear Friendly.  I don't suspect this to happen over night but in a couple of yrs it would be nice to see this become a really great show for Artist to attend and draw in more teddy bear collectors.

Big hugs

Shane

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Hi Jane,
I plan on visiting Idex as I live less than an hour from Orlando. I am in Titusville, near the Space Center. Last year I purchased my ticket in advance as "industry courtesty" because there was an early morning event with 5 bear artists discussing their experiences in the business. Karen Lyons and Deb Canham among others. It doesn't look like there will be anything like that this year so I might just go general admission. Maybe we can try to go the same day. You can check the schedule here http://www.idexshows.com/orl.home.php

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

We've got more bear people than ever before -- 30 -- and definitely the room will be set up better than last year. We've got, literally, hundreds of retailers coming, and 10 bear collector events, too. It's looking pretty good, actually! The show is open to the public on Saturday and Sunday, and you can sign up for the events on Friday, too. Artists can sell a show special from their table, and there are retailers in the Retail Room selling bears right on the spot. It is primarily a wholesale show, but we try to make it friendly to collectors, as well.

Cheers!
Mindy

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

That's really great to hear Mindy,  I knew there would be changes coming to the IDEX show once Madavor took control.  I know it will only get better, I hope I didn't come across that it was a bad show  bear_grin  it just wasn't previously set up well for the Teddy bear artist. 

Mindy do you know if there is any talk of turning the show from a retail show into a retail/collector show kind of like that other show that shall not be named bear_grin  bear_grin.  It just doesn't seem fair that the manufacturers can sell their bears but the artist are very limited in what they can sell to the public. 

big hugs and look forward to seeing you in Schaumburg

Shane

Lancaster PA

I know that Orlando will stay primarily a wholesale show -- it's got a great market niche going. (We've convinced sooo many retailers to abandon snowy New York Toy Fair in favor of Orlando.) But we are considering a variety of ideas for the summer show.

Mindy

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Honestly the last IDEX I did (last year) it wasn't set up too well for the Doll Artists either- my neighbour, a rather large company, was allowed to set up a huge table of coffee and muffins for their customers on the second day, which blocked the aisles from opening til after 2pm.... people would turn to come down at the top of the aisle, see the dead end and turn around and go down another aisle, I couldn't even get past it when I arrived.. I wasn't impressed at all. Not to mention that when I wrote the organiser after I got home I didn't even get a reply! bear_sad  I was seriously glad to see who the new owners were;)
    I am seriously contemplating returning again this year, but not with bears as our dollar is worth too much to wholesale bears now lol. Of course there may not be any decent spots left hehe, curse of the procrastinator! bear_grin

Lancaster PA

Just heard: Steiff will be at IDEX!

Board footer