Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Hi,

I just got an industrial sewing machine, The Juki 555. I have a few questions I can just not find out. Is a walking foot a type of Sewing machine Or is it a foot attachment? I Never realized It had to be a "Walking foot" machine before I got it.... Opps.

Help me please, Or direct me to websites where the question would be more appropriate.

Thank you,

Richy~

Julie Julie Shepherd
Website

Hi Richy,

A walking foot is a type of attachment.  It is a foot that provides extra hold for the top layer of fabric.  It works in conjunction with the feed dogs below and should ensure that both layers of fabric are fed through evenly as you stitch.

If you look at:

http://www.sewingweb.com

I think it probably explains it better than I can!

Hope this helps.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

The walking foot is used in quilting so that when you sew the top, the batting and the bottom of the quilt all together all of the layers are fed through evenly
Hugs
Gail

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Apparently a walking foot is great for mohair and pile type fabrics, like velvet and corduroy...so you don't get one layer creeping a head of the the other as you sew..and some swear by them..I have one which I have never used..It cost a fortune! I am easy to sell to!!

Board footer