Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I hope I don't offend any of you but after talking to Penny this afternoon and others I have decided to share the story of my train ride...this happened about ten days ago.

My son David (aged 22) and I were coming home from visiting my daughterSarah, who is away at university. We travelled by train. I sat in my wheelchair in the wheelchair area of the train facing backwards along the train and David sat across the isle of the carriage facing forwards. I became aware that a guy about forty five or so was smiling at me, so I just smiled back and then looked away. It was dark by this time so when I looked out of the train window I couldn't see anything and the window was now acting as a mirror. I became aware that the guy was still looking at me and still had a big smile on his face so I looked away. Some time later I noticed he was still looking and he kept smoothing his hair down with his hands still grinning like a Cheshire cat. All this time David was studying his lines in a new play that he is in. Then the guy got up and started to walk towards me and I noticed he was wearing a kilt (The train was traveling out of Scotland) He walked towards me and stopped at the seat behind David, which was empty, he then lifted his foot onto the seat and undid his shoe lace, during which time he pulled up his kilt to show me everything that should have been wrapped up in undies. Well I burst out laughing at the sight before me, he stood up and casually walked pass me and went into the toilet. When he came back he walked very strange swishing his kilt as he walked. I was still trying to stop laughing. David lent over to me and said " Hey mum did you see that guy?" Oh boy did I see that guy, not that I told David until we had changed onto our next train... he was not impressed.

Why me!  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Grinning teddy hugs, Jane.

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

bear_shocked :crackup:   bear_shocked :crackup:   bear_shocked :crackup:   bear_shocked :crackup:
Well thats a journey you won't forget in a hurry!!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_whistle Whoooohhhhh!!!  Free entertainment with your train ride....  bear_laugh

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

After our conversation on the phone Jane i am still giggling and saying "O my God" - i just can't get over it  :crackup:  bear_laugh

I just have one more thing to say........

Bratwurst!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

He-He Jane..you already told me this ...you didn't mention in your post that you were in Coventry...my home town!!! I just wanted to say to other potential visitors that we don't have too many flashers...especially in kilts ..round here. But at least you solved an age old mystery..we now know what Scotsmen wear 'neath their kilts.... :crackup:

Next time you're here you do need to say hi!! Our salon is right next to Coventry Cathedral...which is next to the University that your daughter is at!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Jane,
     I'll bet that wasn't the reaction he thought he was going to get  :crackup:  :crackup:   Good for you!  That is too funny!

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

jenny wrote:

But at least you solved an age old mystery..we now know what Scotsmen wear 'neath their kilts.... :crackup:

. . . . or what they DON'T wear!  Penny . . . [b]bratwurst!/b]   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  Jane, I had no idea of where you're story was going when you first started, but didn't suspect such a 'climactic' plot.  What an experience!   bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Dear Jane !! bear_innocent  That is so funny!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

bettys bears Melbourne

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
I had a similar experience in Athens. My husband and I were sitting on a park bench and I could see this guy lurking in the bushes opposite.
It took me a while to work out what he was up to.  :doh:
When I asked John if he'd seen the man he said "What Man?"
:crackup: You just don't know what new experiences you'll have when you travel !!!! :crackup:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Oh my gosh, I would have been mortified.  Thank goodness you laughed Jane.  He probably rides the trains all day doing up his shoe laces for unsuspecting ladies.  If only you'd had an umbrella - I would have given him one right up the whatsie!!!!!

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

OMG!  What a funny story Jane  :crackup:  :crackup:  bear_whistle

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

O'h Jane so glad to hear you laughed at him!!!!

I thought it was against the law to wear a kilt with no underwear !!

I guess he hasn't got caught yet!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: That is so funny - you handled the situation very well, I know I wouldn't have cracked up laughing LOL  Oh gosh, that is classic!

Danni

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh my goodness there are some strange people about on trains  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Pauline

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

yikes !
good job you laughted and didnt scream .... !
reminds me, when we were small our mother used to buy us wee-willie winkie mini sausages to have with friend bread and beans :-D

hugs
cat xxxx

Board footer