Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi all, you may have noticed I have not been posting, and that's because I have been going through a really rough patch at the moment.
I am not going to go into it all, but we had a huge storm come through over the weekend, and look what happened.
c1.jpg
Believe it or not there is a car under there.
c3.jpg
There was another huge branch that came down at the gate as well.
Soooo with Hubby not well, guess what I went out and bought myself.........a Chain saw..... and it frightens the stuffing out of me  bear_cry
But I have managed to get a bit of chopping up done  bear_grin

PS Welcome all the newbies I have yet to meet, and the bears coming out are amazing  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

OMgosh, Christine, you are a brave girl - A CHAIN SAW!  Hubby has one and I wouldn't touch it for a million dollars.  You be careful!  Sorry you're having such a bad time right now.  Here's a hug for you.

hugs, :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sorry you have been going through a rough patch Christine and as Brenda said please take care when using the
chainsaw.
I hope that life will be more smooth sailing, for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Scary, isn't it - I see a car hood peeking through there!
We had a micro-burst or mini-tornado that came though the upper MIdwest; 3 bands passed through metro Chicago. One was dead on in our area:
This is one of the many trees down in our yard, a partial one next to the garage:
511StormA.jpg
That's half a tree that dropped 20 feet - Fortunately, straight down the trunk. It missed Don's car 5' in front of the tree and my car in the garage 5' away.
It just took out our (cranky) neighbors' fence, compost pile fencing and all of the power line feeds for 2 blocks.
It was kind of exciting to have police 'Do Not Cross' tape across the front of our 2 yards for a few days!
We too chopped up the tree, repaired the fences and waited 6 days for Com Ed. We were pleased with how well we fared in an emergency w/o electricity. Sort of like modern-day Pioneering, but with iPods!!
Of course, we have a fully stocked freezer & pantry, have a gas range and the weather wasn't so hot that we needed the AC!!!

bettys bears Melbourne

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Chris, sorry to hear you're having a tough time.
Take care with that chainsaw. (Sandi didn't tell me that's what you were doing.)

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer