Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

We got a call tonight from some friends in NY State (Deb- they live in your neck of the world - Canisteo). Their house was broken in to in the middle of the day AFTER the robber shot their dog through a window. She was a cocker spaniel. The looser took a few trinkets, nothing of monetary value. But he's killed their dog and violated their home. This just makes me sick. They are down to earth people who work hard for what they have and would never hurt a soul. The dog was a barker and hated men but once she warmed up to you she was your pal for life. They don't know who did it but there was road work (they live on back road in the country) going on in front of their house all day. So who knows.

This couple has each lost a parent in the past year and gone through some other struggles. My hubby and I are the kind of people who want to help and do what ever we can to make things better for our friends. In this case there isn't much we can do but pray that God will heal their hearts and give them strength.

I'd love it if you would two things for me: 1. Go hug your pet!  :hug: 2. Say a little prayer for our friends. :pray:

Thank you.
Daphne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no...that is too horrible....
I am so sorry for the dog and
your friends. They must be so scared about the shot......

I will keep them in my prayer..
Hugs/Marie

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Daphne that is terrible!  I'm so sorry to hear about it.  We don't seem to have as many gun problems where I live...it is awful tho.
giving my pooches hugs and will say a prayer  :hug:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It's disgusting......these people have no love inside them...and punishments are just not high enough for this type of low-life. I love my animals to pieces the thought of this hurts so much.

Your poor friends, I do feel for them.

Yesterday in the newspapers the RSPCA had printed pictures of a Dalmation puppy hung for the hell of it. We don't deserve animals if humans do things like that to them...

Ooooh it makes my blood boil!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Daphne this is so distressing. I have hugged all three of my beautiful dogs and said a big prayer for your friends and their poor dog...he didn't deserve that poor guy. I hope these evil....(I don't want to swear) get caught and well and truly sorted out and sent to prison. How can some people be so evil and all for a few trinkets. They will get caught out somehow and lets hope soon before they destroy the hearts of anyone else.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((A BIG HUG FOR YOU TOO DAPHNE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jane

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Big Hugs for you and your friends  :hug: my heart cries just thinking of the horror of it all.To have their home violated and an innocent member of their family taken from them,it's horrible!! I pray they find peace and justice is done.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

OH Daphne, that is terrible news, sending my prayers too  :pray:

Deb Upstate New York

Grrr!  Just makes you so angry ... so senseless.  Would be at least easier to deal with emotionally if they came in and stole bread and peanut butter and canned goods and a winter coat. 

Canisteo is 40 miles from here, and it is a very rural community.  But it doesn't sound to me like something highway workers would do (if it's a big project and they're state employees).  They make really good money and hang in groups alot.  Just doesn't ring true <to me>.  Just knowing the area, I would wonder if were a kid trying his first crime (or first crime with a gun).  I'm sure there will be an investigation.

Tell your friends we're thinkin' of them.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad How horrible, Daphne.  bear_sad

I'd like to personally beat the (you know) out of this creep.

Done  :hug: and done!  :pray:

Eileen

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Daphne.. I am SO sorry  bear_sad  That is just horrible.  Please let your friends know that we send them our deepest regrets and big hugs.  My dogs are like my kids... even my daughter feels that way...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OH NO!  that is very sad, makes me so angry that someone could take an innocent life over some items that dont compare to the life that was lost.... it is scary to have things like that happen so close to home too.... there were a string of burglaries in my area when I was little and it was very scary - no one was hurt and I cant imagine if they were .... my prayers go out to your friends..  :pray:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yeah, I just can't understand what satisfaction any human would get in abusing or killing a dog. As a matter of fact I have a hard time with hunting any animals as a sport, not means of survival but that's another story and I have a feeling there are a few here who may feel differently.

When I think of this &%*#@ who shot the dog I can't even imagine how dark his mind and heart are. Perhaps he's the one who needs to be prayed for. If it was a kid it's one with some very serious issues. It was a front window that was shot through and if road workers were there wouldn't they have heard the shot? Oh, I don't know and it's not up to me to speculate. I do hope that justice is done, however. At present they have no idea who did it and it's been a few days.

I'm off to give my puppies a couple more hugs.....

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

OOOOh! That just makes my blood boil! bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry  Give your friends A BIG :hug: Jenn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Done.

too sad.

Dilu

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

That is just terrible! I am so sorry for them. I know what a family pet means to each and every one of us and cannot imagine what this tragity would be like. Our prayers go out to them!

Many Hugs Louise and Garnet

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww that's heartbreaking.......... 

Our pets are part of our family, my heart goes out to them.

Pipa UK

oh my that is just Awful bear_sad

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness . . . I'm so very sorry for violence of any kind . . . it makes me sick!  I understand the pain your friends are going through with the loss of their beloved pet and I grieve for them.  I found one of our precious kitties dead in our backyard a week ago.  Luckye had a single wound in her side and we have no idea if an animal did it or she was shot, but we've had a terrible time with the grief.  It's amazing how intensely you can feel the loss of pets.  I will think of your friend's cocker when I visit Luckye's grave today.

Pipa UK

SueAnn  :hug: bear_sad how awful. bear_sad goodness makes me so sad to hear all these things !! animal cruelty is just disgusting..any cruelty for that matter  bear_sad

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, Sue Ann, I didn't know that about your cat. I'm so sorry for your loss!  We really are having a hard time of it of late, without pets, here on this board, aren't we all? Man.  Enough of that already!

You've got my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

:hug:   :hug:  SueAnn .I'm so very sorry.   :hug:  :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website
Daphne wrote:

Yeah, I just can't understand what satisfaction any human would get in abusing or killing a dog. As a matter of fact I have a hard time with hunting any animals as a sport, not means of survival but that's another story and I have a feeling there are a few here who may feel differently.

When I think of this &%*#@ who shot the dog I can't even imagine how dark his mind and heart are. Perhaps he's the one who needs to be prayed for. If it was a kid it's one with some very serious issues. It was a front window that was shot through and if road workers were there wouldn't they have heard the shot? Oh, I don't know and it's not up to me to speculate. I do hope that justice is done, however. At present they have no idea who did it and it's been a few days.

I'm off to give my puppies a couple more hugs.....

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Daphne, I read your post last night, but I was so disgusted & sickened by it, I couldn't reply I felt so upset..now! I'm angry, angry to think this lowlife has not only violated your friends home, but worst of all murdered their much loved pet..you said you can't imagine how dark his mind and heart is, these subhumans don't have either...they are despicable mindless & heartless bits of trash... bear_angry bear_angry

I am so very sorry your friends have had to suffer this terrible ordeal and my thoughts & prayers are with them..
ps don't even start me on the "hunting" issue, how can any person consider killing animals a sport??  bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry

Sue Ann,
I was so very sad to hear about your dear little Luckye, it just breaks your heart losing a pet you love...I'm so so sorry  :hug: :hug:

big hugs to you both,  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Denise.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Daphne, I think I must have missed this thread.

This makes me sick to the stomach.

I wish your friends the best of luck!

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, everyone. I've shared your sympathies with our friends and they really appreciate it. Not being computer people they were amazed at such a wonderful group like us, from ALL over!  bear_laugh  bear_thumb  :angel:

Yup, we're a terrific bunch.

Sue Ann, I'm sorry about Luckye. It's not easy to loose a pet, period, but some how a bit more understandable when they are old or become sick. Not needlessly harmed.  Big  :hug: to you.

Daphne

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Sue Ann,
I'm so sorry for your cat....
That is so terrible....I'm really
sorry....
:hug:  Marie

Board footer