Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Yesterday I received an E mail from a man called Jack Wood asking about some of my bears. I think the E mail came straight from my web site. Anyway it was a little strange the grammar wasn't great and he was also asking questions that didn't really make any sense.
He has sent me another E mail today asking about shipping to Nigeria. I think that I read some where on bear pile to be aware of buyers from Nigeria.
I just wondered if anyone else has heard from this man. I think it is some sort of scam!
BEWARE!!  :hug:  :hug:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I received an email from the same person yesterday about purchasing stuff from my store and what shipping co I use and asking about payment options.

The email seemed a little funny.  I e-mailed back answering his questions but not giving him very much detail.

Jane

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, it is a scam.  I've received several of these and just delete them.

berry lane bears Berry Lane bears
essex

Hi Chloe , yes I have heard of this sort of thing , my son has a web site with collectible football shirts and had a similar experience, they normally try to get bank details from you saying they will pay the money in to your account for the item , I think you will find it a scam,so beware ,
I also had funny emails on my guest book on my website  asking me to cotact people in nigeria, i got my web designer to put a block or something on,anyway hope this helps,
hugs Angela

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Chloe

As you know, I have had the same email, but wanting to give me his credit card details and wanting shipping to USA, but he wanted to know if I had a store to purchase from...this rang alarm bells as he contacted me through Bearpile, and that clearly states my website.  Just seems fishy, I get a lot of scams but they are trying different ploys now for us to fall into their traps.

Hugs
Jacqui

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I have seen these many times over the years and recently there was an episode on 60 minutes about these scammers. I have seen letters and emails from everybody from government departments down from Nigeria all wanting to launder money and sadly people do get sucked in . My opinion for what its worth don't touch anything coming out of Nigeria. these people will try anything!

Bear Hugs

Raewyn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I got it also, and often do from someone in Nigeria  - and just delete them every time.

Hugs
Carolyn

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Dodgy!!  As Sue Ann says, hit delete and forget it.  There are load of scams coming out of Nigeria ... it's a really dodgy place.

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

100% scam, just delete and don't talk to them anymore. If they even mention Nigera it is a scam. I get many of those emails.

Hugs!!!
Melanie

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

I was watching Oprah tonight and it was about internet scams. especially from Nigera. They use stolen c/cards and get the item shipped to the US to someone that has been sucked into thinking they got a job to work at home as a mail forwarder. they believe its all safe until the secret service knock on their door. advising them they are working for a scam artist. Its getting bad. Just be careful. Especially when they want to pay via credit card.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

If it sounds fishy - then it usually is!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Definately a scam,

Board footer