Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Hey everyone!

I just had to share this as I'm busting with excitement!

Over the last two years I have been working on my Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS) through the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) in London England.  This was a distance university course that covered just about everything you could imagine to do with Ballet and the teaching to young children and was a lot of hard work. 
I just received my results today and.........I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am now a fully registered Teacher with the RAD and I'm really proud of myself.....mostly for making it through alive and with my sanity.........although I suppose that's questionable :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

I just wanted to share my happy story with my friends here on TT.

Big hugs!

AndreaM bear_original

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Congratulations Andrea what a great achievement

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Andrea what a wonderful achievement, congratulations. Now what are your plans for the future?

Hugs, Jane.

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Wow congratulations!!!!  :clap:  I did ballet for 15 years - I would have loved to have been good enough to become a ballet teacher.  Well done you - you must be really proud of yourself. bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW CONGRATULATIONS ANDREA!!!!!! HOW ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. CLEVER YOU

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :hug:
Wendy

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Wonderful news Andrea - well done.

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

What wonderful news Andrea - you must be so proud !  :dance:  :dance:
Mini Hugs , Ruth

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Congratulations!  That is quite an accomplishment and you should be proud!

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Congratulations!  Multi talented! wow thats quite an accomplishement!  good for you !  deb

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is wonderful news Andrea!  Congratulations!!!!!!!! bear_thumb

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Congratulations Andrea  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:

Hugs
Vicki

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Big Congratulations Andrea,  what a great achievement  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

big hugs

Shane

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Congratulations Andrea!!! Well done!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Andrea , that is just so wonderful.  What a huge accomplishment.  You should be so proud.  :clap:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Andrea: congratulations!! What wonderful training to accomplish.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Congratulations, Andrea!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Thanks everyone!

I am really proud, and Iplan on treating myself to a lovely bear (or two) at the TBOV show this sunday to reward myself..........three woulndn't be too greedy would it??????? bear_grin

Jane:  I plan to take this year to re-focus my dance shcool and do a bit of marketing work, save some money then go for my BA (HONS) again through the RAD.

Samantha: Where did you train?  Do you still dance now?

Thanks again everyone! 
Hugs,

AndreaM bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Very impressive accomplishment. Congratulations!

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

A great big congratulations Andrea-Actually I just thinking of you last evening and thought you should be hearing soon.How wonderful and exciting.Have a wonderful day on Sunday at TBOV along with Shane , Steven and Pearl.I will be anxious to hear about it.This will be the first one that I've missed. I am doing the happy dance for you. :dance: Sincerely Jane D.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Congratulations Andrea!!!

I am so happy for you.....the Royal Academy huh?....sounds like they are a feeder for the Royal Ballet?  Does Covent Garden still exist?  Does this mean that they could even hire you to teach at one of the feeder schools?

Would you believe that a vast majority of Yanks have never seen a ballet live?  I personaly think this is simply unacceptable....

I am really happy for you. This is a tremendous accomplishment.  I simply adore the ballet, and to be concidered good enough to teach according to these exacting standards is quite the feather in your cap.  way to go!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

gollyhugs
dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is wonderful news Andrea ~  Congratulations on this most prestigious achievement  bear_thumb

And no, three bears would not be too much, you deserve them for all your hard work.

Enjoy the show.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:hug: Andrea!!!!  GREAT news!  As a former dancer myself, I am acquainted with RAD and their standards for certification.... well done!    :hug:  :dance:

Kim Basta

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

:clap: Huge congratulations Andrea, very well done to you   :clap:  I just love classical ballet, I used to do ballet at school and was lucky enough  to watch Rudolf Nureyev and Margot Fonteyn in the 70's, they were fantastic  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is stupendous, Andrea . . . I am totally pleased for you and wish you every success!

Kathleen Pa

Congrats!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Kathleen

Board footer