Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Hi Everyone,
I just had to let you all know how honoured I am . A Collector lost her husband five years ago and has felt too sad to buy a bear ( or bear friend) since then. She has just contacted me to say she wants to purchase Echuca, my Koala. She decribes herself as an elderly person who used to love collecting and attending bear shows with her late husband but just hasn't felt like doing so since his death five years ago. I really hope my Koala brings some joy to her life. I will certainly add a little something extra to her parcel. Isn't this what bear making is all about? :)

Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au
Now I'm off for a run....that is when I often have my best  bear designs come to mind!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

That's wonderful,what a blessing for both of you!!  bear_innocent  bear_innocent  :pray:

:hug:  :hug: Shari.

kraftyladies Beary Lovely ... Bears by Susan
Florida

wow, that's neat.  What an honor!!

Susan

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

One of the most important jobs for a teddy is comforting and I'm sure your koala will do his work very well!  Wonderful!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Koala wrote:

Isn't this what bear making is all about? :)

Susan

Yes it is!!!!!!!
How very special for both of you!  bear_thumb  :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Susan, thank you for sharing your
story.  :hug: That is why I love
Teddy bears(with friends) . :angel:

Hugs/Marie

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

thats great fran

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow Susan...Fantastic.....and what we in this business for if not to pass on a little furry hug or two!  I am thrilled for you!

Yippeeeeeee!!!~ :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

dillioops

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Susan, what a touching email!  Congrats - she sounds like she has missed collecting, and you have been the person to light the spark again.  Well done!

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Susan what a lovely story. I feel sure that your Koala will give her much pleasure and comfort. I would be just like you and add something extra to her parcel.

Jane

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Well done, Susan :). It's really heart-warming to hear this!

Pipa UK

Aww now that is just wonderful how heart warming for you  bear_innocent

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Doesn't that kinda stuff make you feel REALLY REALLY good!!!!? 

Well done Susan!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: Susan,

What an honor to make the first bear that's interested a seasoned collector enough to break her out of her grief! A very, very special little bear!  :teddybear:

Eileen

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thanks everyone, Yes it has reminded me that in our small way we can help some people. However, it is this Collector who deserves all the credit for at last having the courage to continue. I will let you all know if she responds after receiving her koala......maybe she'll not like it?  I hope not.
Susan  :rose:
www.adorablebears.com.au

clare14 Country Bears
England

She'll love it Susan, you must be so proud, well done!!!  bear_thumb

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Thanks Clare....yes I do feel good that My Koala has been selected by this lady. Isn,t it a strange feeling to think our work/bears etc , hopefully will be around long after we are,and that they really do become close friends with their new owners.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

that is wonderful that this Lady is wanting one of your Bears, after so long not having collected them. 
How neat for you both.
Well done and I am sure that it will help her get over her loss.

Hugs
Carolyn

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Susan that is a wonderful email.  You must feel so touched to think that your koala has lifted the spirits of this sad, and grieving lady.  What an honor.  It is a good reminder that bear making is more about spreading love and comfort  than just making money.   :clap:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Susan, what a great story!    :thumbsup:

Chrissie

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great Story, thanks for sharing with us Susan.  bear_happy

Board footer