Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

HE's FINE  bear_original  I haven't been able to write to let you all know until now... its been an exhausting time for me, plus writing so much the other day wore me out too  bear_wacko but, everything went well with Pip's surgery, the nurses loved him  bear_wub they were stopping the examination to show him to the other nurses while I was there lol.  Isn't it good to have a cutie pie for a son lol   bear_innocent  so, i spent all day worried, waiting for the time to call...went through a bag of twisties lol  but he was fine and home by 6pm

He came home and was dopey for the night and i was up with him a lot, but the next day, he didn't stop!  there wasn't his usual nap times, it was like he was on super charge!  today we are back to normal.  He has two green ears...the micro chip and de-sex tattoos.  he thinks he looks so manly now he has tats lol.  hes joined his brother Spike's club  bear_tongue   Have a photo anyway...he managed to dip his ear in his water so the ink spread...funny boy with a green ear.  now to wash that off!  He has lost 100g lol, just under 3 1/2 kilos now haha. 

the only problem we have with Pippin that the vet mentioned is that his knees click...so, later on he will need surgery to make the knee socket larger so the joint will fit in and stay.  Spike has had it done, it was awful, so not looking forward to that.  but a lot of small breeds need the knee surgery i'm told.

So....we all say thankyou for thinking of us!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
k1.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LOVE those colorful green ears, Sarah!  So glad the surgery went well and I truly hope you are feeling better.  Big hugs for you and PiP.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I am so glad to hear that dear little Pippin was a brave boy and went through his surgery well.  It sounds like you managed to get through as well Sarah!!!  Was it only Twisties you needed to get through - what, no chocolate!!!   Glad your little boy is back to his normal self. His green ears are very fetching.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Bless his little punk rocker ears.. :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
No joking apart ,I am sooo glad he coped with the 'snip' poor boy! He looks happy enough though. I don't know if it works the same way as it worked on my female dog but she has never 'grown up' if you know what I mean, she is still very puppy like. The vet said it's because she was spayed at a young age before she went into season. I don't know if that's true but it's great having her this way, she is adorable.
Big hugs to you and all you doggies...mum and Laura too, Jane. 
bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

He he he, Your Pippin looks like a rock star with his green ears!  bear_tongue

I am glad everything went well for him.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

awww bless him, what a cool little fella with his tattoos  bear_cool   So glad all went well and he's back to normal :)

Hugz
Cath
x

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

I'm so glad to hear everything went well Sarah - Yay for Pappy Power !!  bear_grin  bear_grin
I think my girl could only have coped with the dye thing if it was pink !  :crackup:  :crackup:
Huggies , Ruth  bear_happy

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

So glad Pip got through it ok Sarah, what a gorgeous pic bear_original   You must be relieved it's over now.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

lol good one Jane- I love it, punk rocker ears! Maybe that's rebellion after being dressed as a Princess, Mummy lol.
    So glad to hear he is home and his old self...  and I must say that like Christine that you only had Twisties and not Timtams or some other form of chocolate;)

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

So glad Pip's snip was successful. He is totally adorable - and those green inner ears!!!  You rock Pip!

P.S. My tiniest Pom (who weighed in at 2lbs 5 oz.) had the slipped Patella in one knee as well.  It went out probably 3 times during her 14 year life.  We never had surgery but every vet who examined her said she had a wicked case of slipped Patella.  It never bothered her except those three times as I mentioned and each time she was doing something she shouldn't (jumping on and off a couch to look for "treats").

Biggest Hugs,
Lisa

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Pip is absolutely adorable. Glad everything went well for him and you.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm glad Pip's surgery went well.  He looks like he's ready for Christmas with his green ears!   bear_original

Australia

Thanks everybody  :hug:  I don't know why they put such a large amount of dye on for the tattoo process...never having a tat before i wouldn't know  bear_ermm but, think i'll have to hold him on his back like a baby and let my mum wash off the excess ink with some water...this is going to be a hard one to not get water in his ears! bear_ermm  I know, it looks very fetching doesn't it lol it will be a shame to wash it off :crackup:  Karen, love the thought that he rebelled haha  bear_cool

Yes..no chocolate...right now i'm deficiant in sodium, so pickles and chips are what i'm craving lol.  sweet doesn't taste so good  bear_wacko  i've also begun watching kath and kim lol  bear_whistle and kim seems to always be eating twisties haha

and thanks so much everyone about the slipped patella.  i won't worry until something happens....he walks along sometimes and i hear click click click with each step so i cringe knowing what is actually going on.  ellen, poor caya  bear_cry   Pip loves lying just the way caya did, its so cute!  i sure hope he can still lie like that as he gets older.  and Lisa, yep, he already jumps up and down off the lounge....maybe he needs some doggie stairs  bear_grin

Jane, the breeder told me the same thing...that they don't grow up and realise things like girls  bear_tongue and peeing on every tree, things like that.  seems a bit mean, but good for me....Spike still tries to escape if he can and when he does he keeps running little horror!  he was snipped when he was 3, so hopefully i won't have that problem with Pip at all.

DSCF6402.JPG  Ellen, this is Pippy in the legs back pose  bear_innocent

Australia

while searching for stairs, i found this, how cute!!!!
ps-furn-savan-col.jpg
ps-rampsteps-dbl.jpg

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

So glad to hear Pippin came through his surgery fine. He is a handsome fellow and very manly with his new tats!  bear_grin  Hope you are feeling well too Sarah!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am so happy to hear that Pipin has come through the surgery and doing well - he is so adorable Sarah and you must
love him to bits.

Isn't Kath & Kim so funny - we have been enjoying watching it over here also.

Look after your sweet self Sarah and hugs to all the family.

Hugs
Carolyn
  :hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Kathleen Pa

Sarah, Glad to hear Pip is doing so well.  He is such an adorable little dog.  I love the big ears! bear_wub

Kathleen

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Those ears make him look like a peacock, I think you should consider making it permanent  :crackup:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwww Sarah, I'm glad Pip is doing weel, he's cuty for sure!!   :hug:  :hug:   I need to get my hubby one of theose op's......   bear_whistle  bear_whistle  :crackup:

My little girl is having her spaying op tomorrow, I'm sooooo nervous for her, she'll hate me after!!   bear_shocked  :cry:

ebay_052.jpg

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Glad everything went well!!!  :hug:

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Oh, Sarah!
Pip is such a beautiful dog.  I'm very pleased that everything went well for him and you!  I'm sorry to hear about his clicking knees.........I have a clicking hip, maybe I could come over and he and I could have our clicking fixed together! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Big Hugs!

AndreaM bear_flower

Australia

Thanks so much girls, he really has had no trouble at all and hasn't even licked or itched!  He gets the stitches out today. 

Clare, how did your little girl go?  I remember you getting her and she still looks the same, so adorable!!

Board footer