Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpgHi everyone, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your tips for the Lake District in the UK - I had a lovely break. I'll try and upload a few photos to share with you all.  I need to catch up with all the millions of messages here now  :thumbsup:

Hugs,
Catherine

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Catherine,

welcome back!! what lovely photos and they brought back lots of memories for me, I was over there 12 years ago and toured through The Lakes area, it is a wonderous place, I hope you had a great holiday, and thanks for the photos...

hugs
Denise.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome back, Catherine; you've been missed.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh Catherine, I do envy you, hope you had a super time  :thumbsup:

Many thanks for the lovely photos of this wonderful area, always reminds me of childhood holidays  bear_original   We were too young to appreciate the scenery then, it was BORING!!  Funny how that changes with age.

I took my husband on holiday there three years ago and had a lovely time, he thought it was beautiful - and he's right!!

Did you find many bear shops??

Have fun catching up  bear_happy

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

OOOh Catherine...I'm all nostalgic now...I'd forgotten how beautiful it is....I haven't been since I was 21...long , long ago!! It took us 5 hours to get there in a clapped out old Mini with rain coming in through the floor..
It was worth it though...the sun shone every day...

That's it I am going....we are off to Yorkshire at the weekend....but alas no time to visit the lakes....

Jenny

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_wub bear_laugh Catherine, it looks like paradise!! All those sheepies  bear_wub

Eileen

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

*Sigh*  :)

The Lakes is just one of those places that looks beautiful in any weather - I think I even prefer it in the rain! It's so much more dramatic that way! Must get a trip there soon....

Catherine, did you have any luck finding bear shops?

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh wow, what a beautiful place.  I've been thinking of you Catherine, and was just about to email you, to see where you were!

New Avatar?  It's lovely!

Welcome back, you've been missed!
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome back Catherine and thanks for sharing your holiday pictures with us - it looks a very
lovely tranquil place.

Hugs
Carolyn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Catherine . . . beautiful, gorgeous photos!!  Just like postcard pictures!  Makes me want to visit right away . . . so glad you had a good time!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Welcome back Catherine :hug:

What a beautiful place !!! I want to be there~
Thanks for sharing your photos.  :rose:

PS. Did you update your avatar?
The bear there is sooooo cute !!!!!
Hugs/Marie

Antwerp, Belgium

Thanks all for your kind welcome back messages - I did have a super trip and did manage to find one of the bear shops with a few bears (can't remember which town it was in now!)  but I was very good and didn't spend long... have to step away from the bears sometimes  bear_smile  I did get some great fish and chips though and lovely home made fudge - mmmmmm YUMM those tastes of England  :dance:  thanks for your kind words about my new avater Marie - his name is Maple and i am rather fond of him I must admit :)

Still catching up on messages!!
Hugs
Catherine

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh He's a honey, Catherine!

He's the color of maple sugar, and I love the maple-leaf collar!

Up here, we're awash in bright maple leaves right now . . . and they've just begun to color and drop. My favorite season!

Eileen

Antwerp, Belgium

OOOO Eileen - it must look SO beautiful there -I'd love to see Canada in Autumn - I too love this time of year.  I've got a cousin that has moved to live in Toronto so she must have some beautiful sites right now.  I thought Maple looked just like the colour of maple syrup and I had to make him a collar to match - reminds me of my wonderful trip to British Columbia in the Summer. 

Have a good weekend all,
Catherine

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh It is beautiful in my 400 acre park! I walk the dogs there every morning, and it's very wild and woodsy in many parts.

We were told that ,because of our long, hot and dry summer, the autumn leaves would be disappointing this year, but most are still on the trees and turning beautiful colors.

I loved BC. We visited Vancouver a few years ago!

Eileen

Antwerp, Belgium

oo Eileen - you must take photos of the park and those lovely autumn colours :)

Catherine

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_thumb I will! This morning was much too dark, but I'll take my camera along tomorrow!!

Eileen

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Your photos are great, and what a beautiful place!! It does look like paradise!

Board footer