Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I have to confess I don't visit the Needlefelting section on TT as often as I should.... I'm sure I'd learn a thing or two! So, you may have discussed this already and thus feel free to direct me to that thread.

The thing is this: My felted bears never look anything like my mohair bears. The faces I mean. Marion just posted a photo of a bear she felted and I can see the similarities in the face of that bear compared to her bears of other mediums.

So my question: Do YOUR felted bears look like your mohair or crocheted bears or not?

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

In your mind, is this a Good thing, or not?

Most of us find that the adaptability in NFing is one of its hugest plusses: once fabric has been cut, you're pretty locked into the design you'll end up with.

In Needling, work changes continuously, with every single fiber added or subtracted. The fact that one can do this, w/o having to re-cut another head or limb is one of the most attractive attributes!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ha! Bobbie, I haven't decided if this is a good thing or not! I like my felted bears even if they are different from my mohair ones, I just some how figured they'd have "my look" to them. I do greatly appreciate the flexibility, changeability, moldability of needlefelting!

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Nope - mine don't look anything like my mohair bears - mind you, I have only made about 3 needlefelted ones.  However I like that they don't look similar.
Now someone else may disagree with me, and say that they look like my mohair bears, but I don't think so.
bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

No mind don't either, I enjoy felting, I love the different expressions you can build. Its fabulous.  bear_original

Board footer