Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Merry-Christmas-Snow.jpgSnowfall around Christmas in Portland, Oregon is a rare sight indeed.  It's only happened five times in 67 years!!  This is one of those rare times!!  We had just finished our Christmas breakfast with the kids and had begun to open presents when Bill looked up to see snowflakes falling outside.  What began as flurries, and the excitement of snowflakes on Christmas, quickly turned to disappointed faces when we realized that the kids would have to leave to go back home so they wouldn't be trapped up here in the hills.  They're expecting 3-6 inches and more tomorrow.  So, pack up they did.  They're all safe and snugly in their homes already and I'm taking down the Christmas decorations.  Looking for the good in this situation, as you all know I always do, I have a one day lead on getting the house ready for sale......and the snow truly is beautiful.  We haven't had a white Christmas in 22 years!!

Merry, Merry Christmas everyone!   :hug:
Aleta

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Aleta,
We're just starting to get the snow in Seattle  bear_tongue  I thought I left this all behind in CT! But it is beautiful and we know it will melt soon  bear_rolleyes
Merry Christmas!
Where are you planning to move?

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Karen!  bear_flower
Oh just wait till you see the mess snow makes in Seattle!  You'll be amazed at how Seattlites lose all their good sense with snow.
:crackup:  :crackup:

We just signed papers on a house in Washington!!  Yes, back to Washington we go.  Only this time, it's just across the river.  We'll still be in the Portland/Vancouver area.  We're buying a 1900's schoolhouse with the original separate gymnasium, bus barn and another barn to boot!!  We have big plans in store.  I will be hosting events six times a year as Flourishes, A Mt. Pleasant Marketplace.  Make sure you get me your address so I can send you an invitation!!

The snow here seems to be slowing a little.   bear_original  bear_original

Stay warm!!  Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Aleta bear_flower

How wonderful to have a white Christmas! It looks so beautiful.

You got your wish, from last years Xmas card  ~ let it snow!

Stay warm.

Warmest Christmas bear hugs
Carolyn
bear_original

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Congratulations Aleta on your new adventure.I laughed aloud when I read this post as my very dear friend is spending Christmas in Portland with her new twin grandsons.She is from northern Ontario where there is snow piled high from Nov. till early April. Her parting words were well 'it hardly ever snows in Portland. It will be a nice break!" :crackup: Sincerely Jane D.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Aleta, we had a white xmas here also, we got about a foot of snow today. bear_wacko

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Aleta - how beautiful your place must be - it looks like a picture from a postcard.
Xmas is in our summer, and is usually a hot & sunny affair.  As I live near the beach, it's hard to imagine a 'white Xmas' and having to rug up in winter woollies.  We have to travel for hours just to see snow in winter!
Thanks for sharing a part of your world with us.
Marg  bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Aleta... your move sounds so wonderful and exciting!!!!!!!! Best wishes!!!

Your flamingo must be freeeeezing!!  :crackup:

Portland, Oregon
Website

Well, today we're back to our green, green grass with only traces of snow to remind us we weren't dreaming.  The weatherman said the last time it snowed on Christmas day was 17 years ago.  bear_shocked  bear_shocked 

Jane,
Perhaps your friend from Ontario brought the snowflakes with her! 

Dee,
Actually there were two flamingos there.  One fell over from the weight of the snow!!! :crackup:

Happy after Christmas bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Marg, I love that expression, "rug up in winter woolies"!!!

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow, that was beautiful! What a delight that it snowed on Christmas! I think the odds of that happening in Sacramento on Christmas day are .... well, I am probably better off playing the lottery.  bear_smile

Best of luck on your move! I would love to see pics of your new house and barns! Are you going to live in the schoolhouse or is there a separate house you will live in?

Aeri

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nice photo, Aleta!  Yes, your move does sound like it has all sorts of possibilities . . . all fun!  Our Christmas Day was sunny and a nice temp of 61 degrees F.  Today it rained, though, and was in the 50s.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a lovley picture that makes Aleta and the move sounds magical I can't wait to see what you do with it.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Lovely picture, your home does look wonderful - it will be hard for you to leave it but your new home sounds even nicer.  Good luck with everything.

Pauline

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Snow at Christmas always looks pretty but it's a shame it came too soon so your children had to leave and travel home so soon. Good luck with the move Aleta, mind you I don't know how you could leave the house that you live in, it looks so beautiful and the gardens are great. Please share pictures of your new home. My friend Samantha took pictures of her house all through the makeover that her and her husband did to their new home. It was great to see just how they made their new house into their home picture by picture. Good luck!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow, that is gorgeous Aleta!  Merry Christmas!!!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Love the photo Aleta, and goodluck on your new home too :hug:

Board footer