Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Is anyone back to work yet, now that the festivities are almost over? 

I promised myself I wouldn't go back into my sewing room until Jan 2nd, but already I'm missing it!  So, I've compromised with myself by updating my blog, putting away the Christmas graphics on my website for another year, making a new vendor banner for TT, reworking my delivery charges and sorting out my accounts.  I'm just about to scan some patterns into my computer too and think about updating my avatar ... I know! I really shouldn't moan about needing a holiday should I??!  bear_tongue

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Sounds like you are being very productive, Paula.

I guess I really have not stopped sewing, but I'm not doing "work" either. I made three fleece "quillows" (blankets that fold into a pillow) for my boys--including hubby-- for Christmas, I helped Brendan make his Paddington bear (posted in showcase), and I drew out a sketch and my pattern for my Paddington last night. Paddington is for me, so I guess I'm not really back to work yet!

If you miss sewing but don't want to go back to work yet, Paula, go to your sewing room and play!!! bear_original Make one of your lovely bears and do something crazy--keep it!

www.thebearclub.co.uk The Bear Club
Derby

Unfortunately I didnt have any break for Christmas. I teach English in Taiwan, and it's not celebrated here. It's just a normal working day. Although, it was great fun teaching the kids about the spirit of Christmas, and we did have a nice time. I am from England, so it's this time of year when I miss my family back home the most. Hope you guys had a lovely time, and have a wonderful new year. We will be doing a lot of changes to our website to make it a great marketplace for people to sell their bears, so I think I am going to be even more busy over the next few months.

bear_grin

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I'm back to work, only stopped the week before xmas. I made my Valentine creation and listed her on ebay yesterday.
Now I'm working on a special order that I hope to finish in the next few days. ...................(when hubby is off on the weekends
I can't get anything done, unless he gets interested in a football game or something like that.)  bear_grin At least we both like the same team....GO COWBOYS!!!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I've been popping in and out of the studio, but nothing like normal.  I'll roll back in officially tomorrow.  I'm setting up my 2008 goals and re-prioritizing things.  I have to be honest I don't know that blogging will be part of 2008.  After doing it now for over 8 months I have mixed feelings....but the feelings are definitely weighted to one side.  I know we blog to connect, but I've found it to be more of an overall disconnect.  Rather than share out here we blog hoping that the same people will pop on over and read. There's so much to read and comment on, nothing really seems to get commented on.  Time is a a factor too.  It's easy enough, but if you want to do it consistently and do it right you do need to put that extra time, thought and "wow factor" into it that I'd rather spend on my design, production, & photo submissions at this point in my career. I don't feel I can do it all to my own standards, so the blog was the easiest to consider letting go.  SO, with getting back into the swing of the new year I'm set for a few changes. bear_thumb 
:hug:
~Chrissi

PS....Tami I won't hold that agianst you  bear_happy   bear_grin
EAGLESDOGSTT3.jpg

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Yep..I have made 3 mini bears since last Saturday..I just can't stop..I even sat and sewed the ears on one onChristmas day...I am just a sad, sad person really , aren't I? bear_wacko  bear_wacko

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Not back yet.  My older daughter is still visiting so, after she leaves New Year's Eve, I will get back to it.  And Paula, the first thing I will finish is the challenge where you supplied the head piece.

YES, TAMI . . . GO COWBOYS!!!

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I had Christmas day off, that's it bear_sad  Probably would have worked Christmas night if I hadn't fallen alseep on the lounge in front of the telly full of Pudding lol. I've got IDEX to get ready for and have no new work finished and I don't even want to think about when it has to be shipped over bear_cry  It's too scary! lol.
   Looks like entering the Golden Teddies and TOBYS is out for another year as well bear_tongue

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_rolleyes Yeah, I'm back to work as well - actually I never stopped - just kept on going! I get withdrawal symptoms very quickly  bear_grin

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm playing.... not starting in on orders until Jan 2.... or 3..... or 4.... bear_grin

I've made a little bear very 'not my style' from someone else's pattern which was interesting. That inspired me to design something different still which I am currently playing with.

I've been dabbling with punch needle embroidery and plan to start my first original design tonight.... an image of one of my bears.... we'll see how it comes out!

I've cleaned my studio but need to sort my files and get ready to work on my taxes... saving the best for last.... NOT!!!

I've enjoyed this time to play, experiment, etc..... it's gotten me excited about bear making again and I feel inspired.  :dance:

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

Jenny I can't wait to see your mini bears!!!      I have 12 days off for xmas, Made some curtains for my sister in law, made a comforter  for my sister. Helped my brother with his dove business. Now I need to finish my clown bear.... Thats about it                  Louise

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I haven't really stopped either.I find that I can only sit down in the evening for a little while including xmas evening before I get the urge to sew.The only exception is ears-xmas day for ears Jenny bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked
Laurie :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Ok don't be jealous but I broke from work on the 21st and am not back til..................................7th Jan bear_thumb
I always tack a few days on, I should go back on the 2nd to my day job

As for bear making this is the first time that I have really had quality time to enjoy the making process bear_wub

Ladder stitch and stuffing seemed to feature in my christmas day :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Still at it here too. Although our Christmas did mess thing up for a day or too, being gassed and nearly as we say kicking the bucket, well I've almost finished another chimp, I'm halfway through a traditional bear and I've just made fingers and toes for my next orangutan. Theres nothing wrong with keeping working when you have such a wonderful occupation as we do!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Yes...working away her too!...its an addiction can't stop!! Even Christmas Day...I really tried to stop myself, but just had to sneak away for a couple of hours and get my fix!!!!

I'm working on bears for Hugglets now....which will be here before we know it...

Happy bearmaking everyone....and Happy New Year too!!!!!!!!! bear_flower

Hugs Yvonne  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Me too - CAN'T stop!!!!! The new "out of the comfort zone" challenge has got me going, but I fear that this bear will be a long time in the works.............
huggies
Maria

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

I'm still on a break, But I must say I am really jealous of those of you that are still working. My Mum and Dad are here from france at the moment and my daughter doesn't go back to school until the 8th of jan so I know that I won't get much done atall until then. I can feel my self getting a little stressed out, I have all these new idea's spinning around in my head and my fingers are desperate to get going. I really do think that bear making is an addiction. bear_rolleyes  bear_wacko  bear_wacko Helpppppp Major withdrawal!!!!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

I didn't stop either I'm afraid!!  Just love it.  I did slow a little and had a play too - I experimented with a crocheted bear as I love to crochet (usually clothes).  It hasn't gone great, glad I had a go and will finish him/her but will stick to the crochet clothes I think.  I also had my first little go at needle felting, I like this a little better but still not bowled over by it, I made a tiny head that now needs a body (unless I stick it onto a purse or something) Glad I had a go and lost my fear of the dreaded barbed needles and may have another go at a later stage. 

I have stretched myself a bit with bear fair bookings next year and some craft fairs in the pipeline so I have to crack on now with bears but like everyone else, I am in heaven, it is such a pleasure to be doing this - can't think of anything better I would want to do.

Happy New Year and bear making everyone

Pauline

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

So I'm not the only one eh?!!!!!  That's good to hear!!!   bear_thumb

I spent yesterday sizing patterns up and down with the 'out of your comfort zone' challenge in mind ... TT is great for providing the inspiration for development! 

Like Yvonne, I will also be planning my Hugglets (end Feb) bears in the coming weeks and aside from that, I have one more big bear to make for my forthcoming gallery feature in Teddy Bear Scene magazine, so there's plenty to be getting on with!

Daphne, like you I have been itching to 'play', rather than work for my business, so I created a little woollen elephant by copying one of my childhood softies right before Christmas ... he is to be a keepsake gift for my sister's imminent new arrival.  It was great to fiddle for fun for a change!  (Pics and story are in the 'showcase' thread if anyone fancies a peek).

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Spent today with artist pad and pencil...............................I will make a really old style head :dance:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I have one bear cut out ready to sew, sculpted and painted a fairy, she's ready to dress, have an armature started for another. Plus I have been snowmobiling three times, been to the movies twice, the Golden compass is excellent!!
Time off is time to create!!!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I'm not back at my real job till the 2nd.. so I have been working on my bears a bit.. I wanted to get so much work done on the house and bears over the holidays but I of course in typical holiday tradition got sick so I have been resting most of the time.. hoping to be better so I won't have to suffer when I do have to go back to work. I did however manage to dye up a gorgeous pink for a Panda I have been dreaming of for months.. so at least that is something... I am suposed to be painting the house.. or working on bears..... what am I doing.... heehee. yay for Teddy Talk bear_original heehee.

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

katiescraftworks katiescraftworks

I designed and made a bear last week and put it on Ebay.  This one is my last bear for this year, but,  I have another bear cut out and half sewn and I am going away for a few days and will finish making it while I am away.  I am also in the middle of stitching a birth sampler for my daughters new baby girl and I hope to have that finished (finally) by the time I come back from my break.

For me, stitching is what I do when I want to relax. lol

I also had a bad few months this year when I lost the vision in one eye and could not do any sewing for months, so, I tend to sew now whenever I can because I do not know when or if my eyesight will disappear again (I had Optic Neuritis, common for people with Multiple Sclerosis, which is what I have)..........

Bear hugs,
Cathie

Board footer