Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I'd just like to appologise for not being here for so long! I've had a very busy past month....we finally moved house at the end of November which was hard work but COMPLETELY worth it! We now have a dining area (which we never had at the flat) whch is just fantastic and I seem to spend most of my time in the kitchen/dining area now - I've even started cooking proper tasty meals again and my new cook books are already 'well thumbed' which is fantastic as the dreaded depression started to raise it's ugly head again a few months ago and I didn't even want to THINK about cooking anything half descent but thankfully things seem soooo much better since moving! I had a busy but lovely Christmas and New Years Day too. New Years Eve was wonderful as hubby and I just put the boys to bed at their normal time then vegged out infront of the telly for the whole evening - bliss!

I received my GORGEOUS ornament from Christine Pike just before Christmas - all I can say is that the picture of him on the ornament topic just doesn't show exactly how fantastic this little bruin is.....I'm totally in love! I made an ornament for Christine too but neither of us knew we had each other of course - I was THRILLED when I opened my box from Christine as she is my most favourite Artist ever (I feel like a very lucky girl indeed)!

On top of all this going on, we've been having MAJOR internet troubles at the new place (connected one minute and gone the next then nothing for almost 2 weeks!) but thankfully that seems to be sorted now.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings on.....soooo good to be back....

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Gemma, it is so great to hear from you, and I am glad to hear that life is starting to settle down again for you. It is brilliant that the move is over.  What do the boys think of the bigger flat?

East Sussex

Thanks Christine! We actually moved from a 2 bedroom flat to a 3 bedroom house! Unfortunatley it's only renting but we hope to be able to afford a house of our own one day. The 2 main bedrooms are much bigger than we were used to at the flat and the boys are just thrilled with the space we have here (and their brand new bunk beds...which unfortunately resulted in a trip in a ambulance on the 2nd night!). James didn't want to have his own bedroom and wanted to share a room with his little brother instead  bear_wub . The 3rd bedroom is a tiny little 'L' shape and will be a bear making/computer room!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: ....my own bear making space at last! The thing that I love the most though is my dining area and the garden!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big welcome back, Gemma - we've missed you a bunch!  Hope the rest of 2008 is as good for you as the beginning!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Welcome back Gemma!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Gemma it is good to see you back posting, so glad that all the move is over and that your all settled. Good to hear that you are enjoying the new house and your going to have your own sewing room.  Happy New Year Gemma

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Welcome Back Gemma!

yoiu have been missed, glad you are back!

hugs
dilu

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Welcome back, glad you are all settled now , Happy new year to you and yours. :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Gemma! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. How wonderful for all of you having a lovely new home. I bet the boys will really enjoy having their own garden to play in. It's nice to hear from you again, please keep posting and maybe one you have your work room sorted you could snap a few pictures of your latest creations on show.
Will you be visiting Hugglets next month?

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

East Sussex

Aww, thanks girls for welcoming me back! Jane, I certainly will be going to Hugglets in February - I missed the one in September and REFUSE to miss this one too!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hi Gemma. I bet you feel so settled now. We moved house too after renovating it for a year. I feel so much more happy here. Its amazing how the space around us affects how we feel. I ended up moving because of awful neighbours ( who ended up moving out anyway ) but this house is just so much nicer. I had a workroom at the other house and now I have a work.....cupboard! Just as well I do miniatures. All the best. :hug:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Welcome back Gemma  :hug:
Congrats on your 2 awards for the british bear artist awards  :dance:  :dance:
It was so lovely meeting you at Hove  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hello Gemma, welcome back to you, glad the move went well and you are settled in nicely.  Seen the lovely bears of yours in the gallery.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Nice to see you back Gemma bear_flower
I missed the September Hugglets and can't wait to go in February :dance:
Laurie :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Gemma,
     It's really nice to see you posting again.  Your move sounds really positive and glad you managed to get round those feelings of depression.  The winter time is always the worst.  It is amazing how our surroundings can be such an influence in how we feel.  Glad the boys have such a nice new garden to play in, when the spring comes!  Take care.

hugs,

Brenda

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

New beginnings- have fun in the new house.

Lynette

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Great to see you back Gemma bear_original   :hug:

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

welcome back gemma, i have been somewhat absent too
thanks for your update and have fun in your new home

cat xxx

Board footer