Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Hi all, If you are one of the artists who sell patterns, you might be wise to go check out the listings and feedback of  seller  on Ebay    ewidohe  as, they are selling copies of artists patterns on there.   Three of the patterns of mine this person has sold were *never* available as printed copies, so I know there is something fishy going on  bear_original Yes I know this is why some people choose not to sell patterns- but fortunately people like this are few and far between bear_happy
    Bye for now, Karen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Karen, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I tried to checkout this person but when I searched the name that you have given it says....

Enter User ID or email address of member
ewidhoe
The user ID you entered was not found.

Can you check the name again for us please.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

karenaus Melbourne
Website
doodlebears wrote:

Hi Karen, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I tried to checkout this person but when I searched the name that you have given it says....

Enter User ID or email address of member
ewidhoe
The user ID you entered was not found.

Can you check the name again for us please.

Hugs, Jane.  :rose:

Hi Jane, sorry, its fixed now- ewidohe - I edited my previous message because I can not say for sure that all the patterns are copies- I can only speak for sure for mine, because I *never* sold them on paper..... sorry about the goof with the ID, I am half asleep and jetlagged (plus didnt sleep well last night, IDEX set up today and I know I have forgotten a thousand things) hehe thats my excuse and I am sticking to it!
   It annoys me that someone feels they can make money off my back, its hard enough to work as an artist let alone people ripping you off!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow, she's getting quite a bit for some of them too! And no description to speak of ... at least of the ones I looked at. Humf. Some people........................ bear_sad

K Pawz Guest

OH wow!!! I don't think some of those were actually sold as a pattern! Is there anyway she may have taken the actual creation apart for the pattern pieces? That is very rude! Sorry this is happening Karen....also some of them are right out of books. Isn't that a copyright infringement?

Hugs,
Krista

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Have you reported this to EBAY? If you can prove ownership of your pictures, it is a copyright violation. I know that lots of folks have had troubles with Ebay, but when I had an issue with a seller, I found them quick to respond.
Best of luck to all of you affected!
Cheryl bear_flower

chris009av Real Deal Bears

I am wondering if they are getting the patterns from Magazines, I know some of them looked like ones I had seen in Australian Bear creations.
Thankyou for the heads up Karen,  bear_thumb
As I am starting to put knitting patterns for mini's on my site, I will have to keep a look out.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

May I tell you all about another current rip-off going on? Google hosts 'picasa' photo albums: anyone can open an album of anything! This whole site is filled with every imaginable book/pattern/kit instructions. If you're an author it will be worth your while to scroll through them; the number of them is mind-boggling.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sasha4368
Berta was told recently by a collector that her entire book was online - and it's been there for 18 months!

By now you'll've clicked on the link I gave you. This is TOTAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!! And Google hides behind a transparent disclaimer about not being responsible for what posters post ...  yadda .. yadda...

Berta had to fax Google a statement - 43 of them! - one for every page link listed, to authenticate that she was the rightful owner and to have these removed immediately. It took about a week. There are still others posted by teddy bear makers I know but I advised her to get hers removed first, because we know people who would post this info to other lists and others would not hesitate to print off everything they want first.

This is the most blatant example of thievery on such a massive scale that I've ever come across.
If you've sold any patterns, start scrolling...

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Wow Bobbi, that's unreal!!  It's like the Napster of "How To" books!  The musicians and music corps went after unauthorized music "sharing" full force.  That's probably what would have to happen here to get the
"we're not responsible" web sites like google to enforce a few policies.  The sad thing here is most people doing this probably think they're sharing with friends and not hurting anything or anyone....the knowing right from wrong compass totally went out the window with the internet.

:hug:
~Chrissi

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow Karen thats awful.  bear_sad

Have fun at Idex, you lucky girl.  :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Thanks!  I just saw that she has my pattern that I had published in TBCI -- heck... I can't even sell it, so she certainly can't!!  I've reported mine to ebay....

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Berta has found many more of hers - at least (if there can be a 'good' thing involved in this.) they've been translated into Russian.
It's still Theft & © Infringement!

One of many pages -

http://radikal.ru/F/i037.radikal.ru/0710/c4/fdc74d250e72.jpg.html

And it's not even accessible to figure out who & how to get these removed! Any Russian speakers here that can figure out how to get the messages through to get them removed??

Densteds Densteds
Website

Karen,
I just had a squizz at the ebay id and she's also got a couple of Loris Hancock & Les Bears patterns too...what a cheek! I'm sure they would be very impressed.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

NO they are not from Bear Creations and I know that the artists I looked at would not produce the patterns and if she was selling from the magazine I wouls soon be doing something about it I promise. But it similar to the person her downloaded my "free" pattern from my website ans was selling it on Ebay..........they have no ethics and feel that as they are overseas they can get away with it.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

OMG!  I am sooooo glad I went with my first instinct to NEVER sell one of my patterns to anyone!   I hope you can stop this ebay seller!

hugs,

Brenda

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

As mentiont in the other thread about this seller, she had 2 patterns of me listed. I wrote this to the seller:

Please remove my pattern. If not removed this afternoon, I report to eBay!! I am member of eBays VERO programm. You can NOT resell my patterns. I am the copyright holder and what you do is against the law.

Within 5 minutes she replied: no Problem,is Ok. Greetings Micha.

and ended the listings of my patterns prompt.

Maybe she does not know that what she is doing is agains the law..  I told her that she could expect more complains, so maybe she is going to remove the other patterns too.. if you have a pattern from you there.. just write to her first, I am sure she wil remove it too.
Not everyone knows that it is wrong and a warnings like this, from the designer to the person directly, could help already.

It is such a hassel to go through eBay (belive me, I know) to have the patterns removed by eBay. Special because she is from another eBay site (Germany) it takes even longer. In the mean time the auction ends and the patterns are sold already.

Wel, hope this helps others.
Berta

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

I know my note is kind of late... but I do hope everyone respect the original artist hard work in designing the patterns. To tell you guys the truth, a friend of mine made a simple workshop by editing someone's pattern and selling the kit. I felt bad because I don't do that at the expense of other artist... but at times it's hard to say anything when the people in higher authority did not comment and i'm the only who felt this way!...  bear_sad  Just show the ethics of some people... sad but true....  bear_sad

teeeej Brisbane

Ohh wow. I was thinking of buying a pattern from this seller. I certainly won't be doing it now. She still has quite a few patterns up for sale. Shame on her. Its a pity that it is difficult to report items you believe are counterfeit or illegal in some way - I have tried with other things on ebay.

She should know that it is wrong - on most patterns I have seen there are details regarding copyright and reproduction.

Tina Remem-bear Artist Bears

Hiya everyone

It's been a while, but I'm making my bears again. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Got lots to read now I'm back with the bears, so to speak, lol.

The German Seller, id: ewidohe - she's still at it.

I created a new topic on this, but then decided to check to see if there had been any mention of her (or him) and here they are. So I have deleted my topic and added it to here, hope that's OK.

She is selling two of my patterns, but from what I can make out she's just copying people's patterns and selling them again and again.

She also has patterns for sale by:

M DE LORENZO
A TAIT
J MONROE - Jares Hares? There are 4 patterns by J Monroe.
FARINA
S SCHULZE
M SCHLEICH
H LEBER
A BLADT
ELA BAREN
E TIETZ
A WETZELS

I have just looked at her feedback and she has sold lots of patterns, including one I recognise the bears but I'm not sure who's pattern it is. It is called 5cm babies. --- FOLLOW UP, I have just looked through the listings and I think this is a Cayas Cubs pattern...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 0357459592

She's also had a lot of panda patterns listed too...

I also have her BUYER ID, but not sure if I should release it on teddy-talk, again I would love your feedback as whether I should or not.

I was a little bit wary of her, her feedback was hidden, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I've emailed her, but don't know what to expect...

Would love any advice,
Speak soon,
Tina

Tina Remem-bear Artist Bears

I've just PM'd Cayas Creations and Jares Hares.

UPDATE: After quite a bit of emailing, my patterns have now been removed from ewidohe's auctions, but she still has other patterns there. I am going to be keeping a close eye on ewidohe's auctions from now on, and also on the German auctions in general.

There is a section on ebay where you can report counterfeit goods, and this is what I did also. I went into help and typed in 'reporting counterfeit goods'.

Hopefully some day she / he'll learn, and stop doing it, but I'm not holding my breathe, lol.

BWs

Tina

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Bobbie, I just checked out the google.com/sasha4368 and it has been removed by google.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I am sorry to admit that I have bought two patterns from this seller  :redface:  but I realised my mistake when I received them.  In the feedback I put down that these were copies, but her response made it sound that I had insulted her and that they were not copies! 

I did however get in touch with the original artist, admitted my mistake and informed her what this ebayer was doing - The artist was aware of this 'person', but thanked me and informed me that I could in fact buy direct from her - which I will do in future.

I acually believe this individual does know what she is doing and thinks that if she keeps a few artists sweet by removing their listings) that she can continue with her 'business' making money off the backs of others.  I too hope this seller is stopped soon.

Ashamed Ali xxx

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Please Please report her regardless of whether you think she doesn't know right from wrong. Which I can't believe she doesn't. It would be like me going through all my cookbooks and selling the recipes on eBay or elsewhere. They are copyrighted for a reason. You all deserve control over your own patterns. I have bought patterns from Les Bears but they were their own. I would never buy knowing what I know from some one other than the artist unless permission was given. Ali realized her mistake and told so in the feedback so that seller knows what she is doing is wrong.  bear_sad

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

This is really cheeky. Don't worry Ali, you did the right thing by contacting the original pattern maker. I've seen all sorts over the years, a woman buying a bear to take apart for the pattern! She openly admitted it!!!! People saying they make their own patterns then there it is in their feedback, bought patterns. I started out by buying a pattern and a book but its not until you sit there with just a pencil and paper, nothing else and draw, thats when they are yours. Its such a shame, she is robbing artists in a very mean way.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Thanks Tina for bringing my attention to it!!  I've emailed the seller and will be reporting her to ebay too, I can't believe she isn't banned yet!  bear_wacko

Board footer