Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Well, I have looked MANY times on Intercal at all the lovely mohair but I'd always found it a bit confusing! BUT, today I sat down for nearly 2 hours trawling through the different sections and I have placed a small order! I ordered 4 pieces of mohair but I got them at bargain prices! Not sure how much postage is going to cost though as it has to be calculated yet. It's been ages since I ordered some mohair and I'm quite excited about it arriving - especially as one of the pieces I've ordered is going to be a bit of a surprise because there didn't seem to be a picture....sounds lovely though!

Have any of you used these mohairs before (I know you have Sue Ann as i saw your lovely creations on Intercal!)? I'd love to know if they were good to work with!

I've ordered:

340S/VPT in colour 632SPT (gold with brown tipped pattern)
525SP in colour SP16 (cream with steel grey tips)...this one is the surprise but I LOVE tipped mohair so I'm sure I'll be over the moon!
610S/CB in colour 620SB (heritage red/white/blue)...this one looks soooo unusual!
910H/B in colour 105B (off white with black back).

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Congrats, Gemma . . . think you will be quite satisfied with your purchase.  I happen to have some of the cream/gray tipped mohair.  My sample is 5/8" long and I think what you got is 3/8", but you'll get an idea of the color.  Have fun!!
tippedfurforGemma.jpg

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Oh, Sue Ann, I love that mohair. I want some.

Gemma, I use Intercal mohair as well as Edinburgh. I'm sure you'll love your purchases.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

You will be happy with your purchase, Gemma!
I did order at Intercal a couple of times and I received great mohairs. They are still waiting they turn to be used, but some day, when I am in a teddy bear mood, I will make great bears with them.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Thanks girls!

Sue Ann, thank you sooooo much for the piccie - the mohair looks fab! Like I said before, i LOVE tipped mohair and can hardly ever walk past a piece for sale at a show without having to buy it!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Its a shame I'm allergic to the mohair.  I can still remember my first order from Intercal ~ and it was just like Christmas morning!!!   bear_wub  :dance:  :dance:   

You'll have to show us the bears you make from your lovely tipped mohair  bear_wub

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Gemma, bear_flower

Yes, I have often wondered about buying mohair from them too, as there are some lovely ones to choose from.  I have been "afraid" to because I didn't know whether here in the UK we would be landed with other charges from customs on import.  Has anyone any ideas on this?

I am sure you will love your mohairs, it's very exciting ordering lovely colours - enjoy the surprise!!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Dorothy G. Stuhr Teddy-Folk
Santee, Ca.

Ask Johnna she knows everthing! And she is nice too (from Intercal). I only order from Intercal, over the years I have found that they are spot on in terms of customer service, and quality of products. bear_flower

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Yummmm, new mohair is always so much fun! I have not ordered in ages.. I have enough mohair to last me 5 years at the rate I am going! Doesn't stop me from filling a shopping cart full of yummy mohairs I would like to have and having a little dream bear_original bear_original heehee. Yay for mohair!

Hugs!
Melanie

Board footer