Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Just thought I would give you a heads up on a new ( at least to me ) Paypal scam. I received an e-mail purported to be from Paypal with my name on the greeting giving me notice of Paypal policy updates. Since it had my name on it one would think it was legitimate. I chose not to go to the link provided and forwarded it to Paypal and sure enough it is a scam. Am curious as to how they got my name- any ideas??? They did not include my e-bay user name so that made me suspicious!!!! These scammers are getting more sophisticated all the time so you really have to be constantly on guard. Anyone else get one of these?
Hugs
Gail

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hi Gail. My hubby got one of these about half an hour ago. UK. Its a worldwide problem. Stay safe. :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, I got one about an hour ago, too.  Just sent it on its way to spoof@paypal.com.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I got one as well - sent it to spoof@paypal.com too.

hugs,

Brenda

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I did send it to spoof@paypal.com as soon as I received it
Hugs
Gail

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

i've been receiving them regularly for the past few months - I just forward them to PayPal as well.

Marion

edspencer tEDDIE bears
Wichita, Ks.

There is also one floating around that says there has been someone accessing Paypal accounts from a "foreign" IP address.  These are phoney and if you give them information they will access your account and have their way with the funds.  Everyone is right - forward these to "spoof@paypal.com".  Paypal will respond.   

Ed

Board footer