Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I had an accident. Some green paint landed on the plastic bag I had the makings of my synthetic bear. I didnt notice it, when I took the pieces out and showed my sister inlaw. It was then I saw green paint on the fur. Then more paint. Then I found it all up my arm. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT CAN I DO??????????? :doh: :doh:
I was making this bear in order to fill the gap when I was waiting for another to dry. It was so pretty and the fur so soft. It's a mid length pile in the prettiest golden biege. The green is emerald.

WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT??????
                                                                       :doh:
                                                                Matilda

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh no! I really feel for you.....can you carefully use the thinners to remove some of it, or will that just spread it around??? Maybe someone with more experience of oils can help.....

WA

Helena I'm not game enough to touch, because I dont knoe what I'm doing. I want to be able to rescue her. :pray:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I'd test the thinners on a bit of spare fabric first...is it oil paint? You might be able to shift small bits of paint with some detergent diluted with warm water, and sponge it off...carefully

Best off luck....

Jenny

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Matilda, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade!  or in this case limeade!  This could be a wonderful chance to experiemnt and make a totally different bear than you normally would do.  Like thinking outside of the box.  Maybe fate is forcing you to get creative..more so than you already are.  Maybe a green bear... or maybe a naughty bear that got into his momma's paint box...you could add more colors to do this....think hard and have fun!!!!!

...or maybe a golly painted him while he was asleep.....hhhhmmmmm

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That is a good idea, Judi!  Splat him with paint!! Reds and blues and yellows and sell him with a paint brush!  Good idea!

WA
Judi wrote:

...or maybe a golly painted him while he was asleep.....hhhhmmmmm

DILU!!! better count those gollies, cause I think one got away..............

WA
kbonsall wrote:

That is a good idea, Judi!  Splat him with paint!! Reds and blues and yellows and sell him with a paint brush!  Good idea!

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Judi if I was as talented as you I would turn her into a dragon, but alas...........
                                                                                                        I think I'll try the thinners first bear_grin

Board footer