Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Donna A Brandon Bears
Fort Worth Texas

A little while ago a flower delivery truck pulled up in front of the house.
A young ( 25 yr old nice looking young man) Knocked on the door while balancing at least 2 dozen roses
arranged in a large vase in one hand and a    G I A N T  heart shaped box of chocolates in the other !..
I  usually get flowers - few times during the year.. BUT  not 2 dozen roses !
( I'm thinking -- geeez I'm good !)   bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_wub 
  I Thanked him closed the door and set the flowers down in the kitchen. Pulled out the
card to read........   BRENDA   my  Love....         
  Either  My Mr. is in  biG  BIG    B  I   G   trouble  bear_angry   OR   there's been a mistake.

I ran outside just as the deliver guy was getting out of his truck with a ' painED'  look on
his face..  he opened up the back of the delivery van and together we searched the
other beautiful arrangements, finding the one that had no card I replaced the card with
the one I held in my hand into a vase holding ONE dozen roses.. ( are these mine?) 

The guy then went to the other side of the van.. " Here it is" .. his face again looking like
he'd  lost his best friend !...  bear_cry  I looked up and he was holding  a  small     short    vase.
Lillies and 3  roses !..    "I'm sooo sorry, and I need the box of chocolates back too, if I had
another I'd let you keep them"... :redface:
  I ran back in the house and fetched the chocolates & a  soda  for the delivery  guy.
"where's your helper ?"  I asked him.   "I just dropped her off at home she got sick,
I'm on my own"  he said then apologized  again, thanked me for the soda  and hurried off !

For a few seconds   I was a Queen !.. bear_original
My flowers are beautiful,  and  Mr. is very thoughtful
and not in trouble.

donna a.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Ahhh Mr Donna!  bear_wub  Although we never do things like flowers etc its been a kinda lovey dovey day with plenty of laughs. Like he tried to send me an e card but it ended up going to his email. bear_rolleyes  Then 'I've got you a pressie but its not come yet'. Probably free choccies, never mind, I've given them up for lent. Bless them all, its the laughs that keep us glued together. :hug:  Thanks for sharing.  bear_thumb

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

heehee, well at least you got something! I wonder what he would have said if they hadn't noticed and that was not what he ordered.. lol.

Hugs,
Melanie

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Mr Donna, my own hubby will tell you what a horribly jinxed and frightful holiday Valentine's Day is.   bear_flower   Ya did good with the flowers, honest!   :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

What a sweet story, and Bravo for you not being bitterly dissappointed or angry at your own true love.  Life has it ways...you will be repaid for your kindness to the young man, yes we know you weren't kind to get repaid, but that's not your call, What will be will be....you watch, it will happen, and for loving your own honey?  bear_wub  Well that will happen too.

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aww - nice story, Donna!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Donna,
     What a sweet story, and I'll bet that young man thinks of you every Valentines day from now on LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

puca bears puca bears

Lovely story, Donna! :crackup:  :crackup:  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall!!!!!!!!!!!
huggies
Maria

Board footer