Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I've just received a message as follows:

Good Morning,

Do you offer your bears at wholesale or at some type of discount rate if a certain amount is purchased?

Thank you,

Christopher W. Williams

Has anyone heard of this man before?

East Sussex

Ok, so I secided to email this man back yesterday evening. I kept my email very brief and just said that I would be happy to discuss discounts if I could have a bit more information. I also asked if he were purchasing on behalf of a shop. Well, I got this reply just now:

Thank you for the response. Actually, I was just looking to sell on ebay.

Thank you,

Chris

The cheeky bu**er!!! So, as a private ebayer, he wanted to buy my bears at a discount to re-sell straight away on ebay??! Now, if he were from a shop I would have seriously considered it. I can't believe the nerve of some people!  bear_wacko

He's obviously seen how well Lottie is doing on ebay and has decided to try and cash in on it too! He was clever though and obviously went to my website for my contact email so he could contact me privately instead of through ebay (and therefore revealing his ebay user id)!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a cheeky ******************** The nerve of the guy.  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  He needs a good kick in the backside doesn't he! As if anyone would be willing to sell him bears at a reduced price so he could sell them on Ebay to gain the profit...darn cheek.  I just can't type what I'm really thinking Gemma.  bear_angry  bear_angry
Lovely seeing you again on Sunday...did I have a picture of the little bear which you bought? If not do post a picture of him, I would love to see.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

Unbelievable, Gemma - what a nerve!!!!!!!!!!!! huggies
Maria

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh Gemma, I shouldn't be but I'm chuckling here .. the cheek of some people!!!!!

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

He's clearly not too bright either - otherwise he wouldn't have told you he wants to sell on Ebay! bear_grin

Chrisx

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry
The cheek of some people Gemma.It was good that you asked him for more info and lucky on your part that he was stupid enough to tell you he wanted to resell on e bay otherwise you would have been REALLY mad if you would have found out afterwards bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry
Laurie :hug:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

He-he... :crackup: You have to hand it to him...I guess it's a prime case of 'if you don't ask you won't get'....I do marvel at the brass neck of some people!!! You live and learn, eh Gemma?

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Unbelievable! Agreed: he must not be very smart to tell you his intentions of selling on eBay. Good Grief!
Does he expect artist to sell to him so he can sell? Would be interesting to get his seller id and see just what he offers.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Think this guy is not the brightest color in the Crayola box.  The butter slipped on his biscuit.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Christopher W. Williams

I wonder what the W stands for!  bear_tongue

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Gemma,
     Isn't it amazing what some people will do - good grief, cheeky AND stupid  :crackup:   Glad you asked for me information.

hugs,

Brenda

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Some people have a nerve don't they???  glad you thought to ask for more information Gemma.

East Sussex

Well, he hasn't contacted me again so I think he must have got the hint!!!

Oh Gemma, I shouldn't be but I'm chuckling here .. the cheek of some people!!!!!

Stu and I had a good laugh about it too after the initial shock of how brass-necked he was! The man is a fool!  bear_wacko

I wonder what the W stands for!

I thought the same thing!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:

Thought I'd post a piccie of the bear I treated myself to at Hugglets (at jane's request!). I had a little bit of money left before I was leaving the show and I had seen this little fella when I'd walked around the stalls for the first time and thought how cute he was - he just really appealed to me. Well, I went to see if he was still there and luckily for me he was! I'd decided that he was going to come and live with me and thought I'd better just check his name....it was 'Mac' and seeing as I only got married in August and my married name is McKenzie, I thought it was obviously meant to be!! My sister-in-law also call Stu and I 'Daddy Mac and Mummy Mac' (started after our first son was born). I wish I had the money to buy some of the more expensive bears at the show....maybe next time ( :pray: )!

tinafabric_004a.jpg

So, here is my little 'Mac' by Ju-Beary Bears.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awww - really cute bear, Gemma!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

He's clearly not too bright either - otherwise he wouldn't have told you he wants to sell on Ebay! :lol:

I was thinking the same as Chris. hehehehehe cheeky beggar wasn't he?
Wendy

Board footer