Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Hi everyone,

I have over the last week or so been making a bear from Nancy Tillberg's book. The pattern was the Realistic bear, I have put together a few different choices, like arms and legs as they are all interchangable. 

I decided after sewing it all up, that I didn't like the head looking upwards that much so went to cut out the Antique bear head as it does have an option for the neck wedge. I noticed that the antique bear head gusset wasn't shortened for neck wedge, so I shortened it. But now, the fabric circle for the neck opening doesn't fit by allot, like 15cms? 

Now I'm thinking what can I do? Maybe the Realistic bear head gusset would fit? I don't want to cut them out as I don't have much fabric left...

I didn't want to email nancy directly as she is busy... with, well allot of things! 

Any idea guys and dolls  :crackup: 

Richy~

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I have been making a polar bear from this book too, and I have had a little trouble as well.
The first was when I put the head and the neck wedge together....I felt the neck was TOO long, giraffe looking and so at 3.00am one morning I unstitched it and shortened the neck wedge, looked so much better.

The next problem was I tried to use lock-nuts for joining the limbs, what a battle...
I ended up with nuts stuck on the bolt and no futher down would they go...I even had hubby helping...with star screw-driver, spanner and shifter...I then drew blood on the fingers and marked the fur..

Very colourful language....so I then had to cut out two more front legs and a body...lucky I had extra fabric..

At this stage all the pieces are sewn together and I am going back to my usual method of cotter pins for the joints.

I have also made a little penquin to go with him...all will be revealed soon..

Board footer