Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi everyone.  Who's up for an Easter Challenge?

Make anything Easter-ish-

Bunnies
Chicks
Ducks
Colorful Bears....

And any other Easter ideas you may have. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Easter is March 23rd.

K Pawz Guest

count me in, I just finished my Easter Puppy!!

Here she is!
chi2.jpg
chi.jpg

Hugs,
Krista

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi Jude Please count me in.I will post as soon as I finish mine. :hug:  :hug:

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Wow! Kristy Your Puppy is adorable! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AAAAHHHH Krista!!!!  I LOVE HER!

Mary, I look forward to your Easter creation. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I think I am going to do a bunny with big blue eyes.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Krista, she's a darling pup with or without her Easter Bonnet.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

sprite7.jpgKrista, love your puppy - I just felt like making a mini so here's my little easter set of friends :)

Hugs, Catherine x

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Easter-Bonnie.jpgGuess I could put in Easter Bonny - which I just finished.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

ducky.jpgbreck-033.jpgI actually have several Easter critters.  I am working on things for a show in 2 weeks.  Thank you Judi for bringing this challenge to my attention.  I have been so busy that I haven't paid attention to all that's going on.

Here are a couple of my Easter babies.  The first is 2 needle felted minis.  They are just under 2" tall.  (Photos need improvement).  The second is Pato the little duckling.  He is just about life size.  If you have ever held a baby duck in your hand, that is about how big he is.  He is made of mohair with felted bill and felt feet.

Krista,  your puppy is so cute (but that's not anything new, all of your pups are precious).
Sue Ann,  I just can't get my eyes off of that bunny.
Catherine,  I love that little bear.  The colors are adorable.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wow everyone's creations are wonderful :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Judi you didn't give us much warning on this one!
But I guess many would have already started something for Easter anyway.

Wonderful Easter sellection...it's amazing how different they all are...well done ladies.

Krista your puppy is wonderful...but then all your puppies are!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ladies, I love all the Spring colors in your creations. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

NICE WORK EVERYONE.  Keep 'em coming....

Sorry Sandi, you're right, not much notice on this one...so....you had better 'HOP' to it! bear_laugh  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle
But a 'chick' as  'eggstremely'  talented as you will have no problem at all......you know eggxactly what I mean! (sorry bear_whistle ) bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

ps...I haven't started anything yet either. bear_shocked  bear_whistle

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

easter-bunny-08-001.jpgJust found the Easter challenge Judi....and just finished my first ever bunny today!....it's only a little bunny at 3.5"...so here's a pic of 'Bertie Bunny'....not sure what to do with him now as not much is happening on ebay and I don't want to sell him for peanuts.....I've started another in a lovely blue sassy....will post a pic soon. I love these other Easter creations...it's wonderful how everyone's work is so different  bear_wub
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sensational ladies. Absolutely Sensational!

bear_thumb

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Well once I started Judi, I couldn't stop ... this is Bonnie Bonnet pronounced BON-AY, (as in Hyacinth Bucket being pronounced BOUQUET  :crackup: ) in her beautiful Easter bonnet. Hope you think she's Easter-ish enough.

Bonnie_Bonnet.jpg

P.S. Lynne I love your bunny, he's just quirky enough to suit me to a T!  bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

What fun creations!!!!! Mine are in the makin'!!   bear_original

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Everyone's creations are just amazing, bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  them all. I am working on 2 and will show as soon as I am done.
The bigest bunny I have made is 46 inches.But then I took him apart,since I did not know what to do with him so.... big sitting :crackup:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Wow ....Mary did you take a pic of your 46" bunny before you took him apart?! I can't imagine how you stuffed something that big!  bear_wacko
Lynne

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi! Lynne Yes I did,  He was one of my semi stuffed open bears in synthetic curly mohair, then I did not know mohair for bears existed,this was years ago, bear_grin would you like to see him?  I will post a picture when I find it,I know its somewhere in all the pictures.
He wasn't fat he was just skinney. I did not stuffed the torso part,but i did stuff the sides and back of it. The most that took in stuffing was the large head,very very long ears and legs and feet. I did not mind,since I was anxious to see how he was going to look like.
The Guy in the photo place wanted to display him in the store to attract customers for Easter and I let him.
I used him once for easter,putting plastic eggs inside and we would tie a hankerchief on the childrens eyes so they would not see which egg they were going to choose as a prize,some eggs had money and others had candies. We had fun :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Bearlyn Bears Posts: 13

:clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_wub
Congratulations to you all, I just love all your creations, I've not started yet, but feel inspired. 
Hugs,
Lynne

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

EasterBack.JPGEaster1.JPGHi! everyone  :hug:  :hug: this my first one I finished yesterday for this challenge.
But now that I am looking at her :photo:  in here I will be making some changes just a little.   bear_shocked
I am still working on the second one which is a little more consuming she will be a bunny girl. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi.  Here's my Easter Challenge pieces.  The bunny, Jack Rabbit is now listed on ebay and the bear, not even named yet, will be on Bid 4 Bears tomorrow for the start of the Artist Power Campaign. bear_original

EASTER-01.jpg

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Lynne, Your Easter bear is lovely.  She has the sweetest expression and I love her hat.

Mary, yours also is  darling.  I really like how you have used colored mohair to compliment her outfit.  Very Eater-ish! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Judi your bunny and bear are just so....beautiful. bear_wub You are sure aritistic in designing them  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb bear_wub
   I just love how you needle felt their expressions. They are sure to go to a loving home for sure.
Thank You for your comment on my bear. I didn't want to make a whole dress,cause I wanted her fur to show. I really enjoy getting the bears dressed,but its really hard to decide what they are to wear. I think it takes me more time deciding than in making them. :crackup:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer