Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Ok, so I had a Mr. site package and made a website up from it based on their layouts, which you HAVE to use: brilliant if you can't do HTML but i have a little experience, so less good for me!  So I decided to have a go at making a freewebs site, and came up with this:

http://www.freewebs.com/je-suis-lugly/

I know I need to add a link back to the main page on each section (I was thinking of letting you click on Pokes face to go back?), but i was wondering which everyone preferred?  I'll have to pay to switch over my domain name (about.... £25 total?) so I'd like to know if you think the difference is noticable enough bear_original I won't get the shop, or blog, or maintained e-mail list or anything that I get with Mr. Site, but i think if i just added paypal icons, or linked to my Etsy store it would be ok?  Such a shame that Mr. Site won't let you code your own layout!

Also, if I switched, would anyone like the Mr. Site details?  I think I might be able to still use the old site under a different name, so i guess someone else could use it too? Might cost something to change the names, but it's really good if you can't do HTML, like i said bear_original

My old site can by found under my avatar bear_original

Thanks!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Excellent new site Chloe.  Your Luglys totally fascinate me :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

bear_laugh Thanks Wendy, sometimes their weird little faces fascinate me too! (Like... OMG how on earth did I create something so freaky looking...)

So, you definitely prefer the new one?  I see you're a freewebs member too! And you've just linked to Paypal on your site, which is what I figured I'd do... does that work for you?

puca bears puca bears

Hi Chloe
I really know NOTHING about setting up websites - total Luddite, me! I'm just chuffed that I can do mails.........
but your new website looks GREAT...........and I love your Luglys!
big huggies
Maria

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thanks Maria, between the three of us I guess I'd better pay to switch my domain name over! Or I guess I could just go with a .co.uk... decisions decisions :D

Maria, I nly know enough to be able to adapt the code given to me by a friend, which is the CSS to have a background image, a table with the links to the side in it, and a scrolling text box bear_original  I'd be happy to share it if you'd like it?  I like your website tho, but it's the amazing Hamlet bear that I see first when I enter it that makes it XD

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Chloe, is it possible to go with a font that's outlined or shadowed on your Link buttons?
With the images behind them I can't read them...
It's me & aging eyes, I know - but you wouldn't want to miss a single prospective visitor/customer who clicks out of your site if it looks difficult to them...

puca bears puca bears

Thanks, Chloe! But I leave the website to Jeremy (when he has time!).....................
And I'm glad you like Hamlet - only hope the GG judges feel the same!
big huggies
Maria

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I was attempting to outline the text on Photoshop Bobbie, but I couldn't work out how to do it- don't suppose you know how?  I'll have another bash as it :)

Ah see Maria, yiu have a website slave-y bear_laugh  I had to work out what to change, but at least I had a good starting point from that first coding...

"Also poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio!"  Yeah, I studied Hamlet at A Level with a mad teacher, so it's special to me bear_happy

Board footer