Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Hi, I'm new here and have just started collecting bears.  I bought my first artist bear today which is a bunny by Beatrix Bears, I bought her in a shop in Leeds, UK.  I got her home and have had a good look at her and she's gorgeous but it appears that one of her ears isn't sewn on properly.  I've e-mailed the artist but I don't know if she'll really be able to help and the shop I got her from (Mary Shortle) didn't give me a receipt.  What can I do?

Thanks!

P.S. You guys are great artists! bear_original

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Gemma,
Still without a reciept, they should still remember you.
Take the bear back.
Or if you know how to ladder stitch try it yourself. It could lead you into making you own creations.
Sorry i cannot be of anymore help!
Love kayx
Ps If you get really stuck, email me and I'll see if you can send it and I'll try to sew it on for you.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Gemma2, welcome, hope you stay round....let us know how it goes,

Katie, you're a doll ot offer to help gher..... bear_thumb

hugs
dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Gemma,

I am sorry that this has happened to your bear bear_sad

I would be inclined to either take the bear back to the shop you bought him from or keep trying to contact the
maker as I am sure that they would be happy to resew the ear on again.

It is great to have a new collector on board.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Gemma, Beatrix is a wonderful bear-maker and a lovely lady ... I'm sure you've no need to worry - as soon as she picks up her email she will contact you to make arrangements.  Alternatively, the shop owner will I'm sure, be happy to accept the bunny back for a minor repair .. I really don't think a lack of receipt will be a problem in this case.

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Firstly, thank you to Kay for the offer, it's so nice of you!!  You make very cute bears by the way! bear_original

I'm going to wait for Beatrix to reply to my e-mail but I'm also going to send my partner into the shop on Tuesday to see what they say, maybe they have someone that can repair my bunny so I don't have to send her away.

Thanks guys for your replies. bear_original

Here is Penelope bear_original  Hope the photo's not too big.

DSC00138.jpg

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Sorry for the double post, I've just been looking at the Beatrix Bears website http://www.beatrixbears.co.uk/ and noticed on the slideshow that penelope's teeth are larger on that photo than they are now.  I don't know what's going on!

Oh she is a lovely big lady!  Lucky you to have such a fantastic new friend, even if her ear is falling off just a bit.....I am positive that thisz will all right itself and in the meantime we have a dandy new member!

Hugs

dilu

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

If you visit the website again go to 'news' and it tells you Beatrix is currently on holiday.

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Hehe thanks :)

She is so gorgeous, that's why I'm so upset over this, I think I'd be feeling worse if I hadn't come here to talk to all of you and of course all the lovely bears to look at help too!

Edited:
Ahh I didn't realise that she was on holiday,I'll hang on in there.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Gemma: what a delicious looking bunny you have there....I can see why you love her...I hope the ear is taken care soon.....

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Thanks everyone!  I got a reply from Beatrix this morning and she says that she'll fix the ear and that my bunny's teeth are fine, it was the way the photo was taken.  She looks like she's been gnawing on too many carrots since she's been with me! bear_tongue  Anyway, I'm going to see what the shop says first because really they should be the ones to sort this out as her 'injury' probably happened there.  I'll let you know what they say.

Now onto saving for my next bear... bear_tongue

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Oh Gemma,
She is a gorgeous bunny, thanks for sharing her with us, it's the first time I've seen Beatrix's website and I must say I am so impressed with her bears- they're all beautiful. See something new everyday day!!!
I'm sure Penelope will be happy with her ears soon!

Mel

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Just to let you know, Penelope has gone to the hospital today  bear_cry , Beatrix phoned Mary Shortle's and they're going to sort it out, they'll either fix her themselves or post her to Beatrix if they can't do it.  I don't think they'll have a problem fixing her.  So she's gone off to work with Andy, my partner and is in his locker at the moment.  I'll be glad to get her back!!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Well welcome to TT.  I am glad that you have solved your problem.  You certainly picked a beautiful rabbit to adopt.  I know she will bring years of enjoyment.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug:   Don't worry, Penelope will be coming back soon better than new.   :hug:   And I do think its a good idea to alert the store owner as they'll want to know about Penelope's injury.   bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Hi and welcome to TT!  Great to see a fellow collector!   bear_original

Say Gemma2, stick close to Teddytalk and bop in when you need an artist bear fix, lovely to have you.

dilu

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Obviously I love bunnies and that one is GORGEOUS!!  Lucky you!!  Susie

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Thanks everyone!  The shop is fixing her and I'll be getting her back tomorrow!

I love this place, it's such eye candy!  Susie, I want to steal those bunnies right out of your pic bear_tongue (not to mention quite a few other bears I've seen here!) and Chrissie, you have an amazing collection, maybe one day I'll have that many bears but it's a good thing I've only just started collecting as I'm already having trouble finding safe places to put them where my cats can't eat them!

I'll definitely be staying around to nosy at everyone's work, hope it's ok to have a newbie collector here! bear_original

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

99.9% of artists will willingly do a small operation if required, some even offering a full refund. Even teddy/bunny bears get the odd injury and need some TLC or a short stay in hospital.

Normally a shop will cover themselves by saying that you need a receipt to get a refund or an exchange, however I found that the bear business does go that extra mile to help a customer.

pleased that you bunny is soon going to be back home all mended.

Lynette

Board footer