Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Edward-with-boat-001.jpgI have not been posting here as much as I used to due to teaching and family schedules, but I haven't fallen off the earth and I have still been making bears. I'm posting my three most recent fellows. Folks who read my blog mat have seen them.

First, here is Edward Bear. He's a big 23" fellow wearing a sailor collar I made for him. I didn't make his little sailboat but I did take it apart to paint it to match his outfit. I plan to make a very small edition of three of Edward Bear and this first one has been adopted. The other two are still available. I'm rather fond of this one. Both the fact that he was "born" on my dad's birthday, and the fact that he's Pooh-colored made me choose to call him Edward Bear. Edward is my father's name and Edward Bear was Winnie the Pooh's name before Christopher Robin called him Pooh "Here's Edward Bear coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin." I hope you like him.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Aww, I really love him Tami, he looks so soft!  To my he embodies the word 'bear' bear_original I wish I wasn't poor... XD

Milford Ohio
Gantaeno wrote:

To my he embodies the word 'bear' :)

Chloe, thank you! What a lovely complement. I wish I were rich too! If I were I would not sell my bears, I'd make some for me, and the rest I would make to trade with other wonderful artists like yourself!  I'd call them ATBs-- Artist Trading Bears

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

AAAAAAAAAAAAh, Tami, I love love love love Edward!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I love his gentle face.

You are just brilliant!

All your bears are so cuddly... I will have to add one of your bears in my hug some day...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
Tami E wrote:
Gantaeno wrote:

To me he embodies the word 'bear' bear_original

Chloe, thank you! What a lovely complement. I wish I were rich too! If I were I would not sell my bears, I'd make some for me, and the rest I would make to trade with other wonderful artists like yourself!  I'd call them ATBs-- Artist Trading Bears

You're welcome Tami, I really do feel that way bear_original  I get so confused when I look at work on this site because I see so many bears that I want MY designs to look like, and really a lot of the time a combination of all those styles really would be horrible!  But yours are just 'ye olde' enough to satisfy my cravings, and contemporary enough that it feels as though I could one day make a bear that is as well put together as Edward :P

I love the idea of the ATBs though!  I'd love to think myself worthy of suggesting rades to people on here, but I'm a long way off from that level of confidence yet!

I forgot to ask, is he mohair? Its very lush looking!

(sorry for the essay XD)

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Edward is just the most superb looking bear.  I think he is wonderful.

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Edward is superb!  I love your new body style.  Great work, as usual!!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Perfect.  Absolutely my kinda bear ... gorgeous, full to bursting with hugs and just so .... ooooooohhhh!!!! bear_flower  bear_wub

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Wow.... what a fabulous bear...my knees went all weak when I saw him!!! bear_wub

Milford Ohio

Thank you all for the wonderful complements and for taking the time to comment. :redface:  :redface:

Gantaeno wrote:

I forgot to ask, is he mohair? Its very lush looking!

(sorry for the essay XD)

Chloe, Edward Bear is made of Alpaca from intercal. I really love these dense alpacas because they are sooo cuddly, you can really scissor sculpt the snout and even where the hair is shorter then, the seams are virtually invisible. Regarding bear trades, it really is a special way to add to one's own collection, my favorite way really, and most of the artist bears I have collected were aquired in this way. But since I really am not all that prolific, I cannot trade as often as I'd like since bear money does help pay household bills.

Board footer