Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

clare14 Country Bears
England

As an ebay seller, I've noticed that when you click on dolls and bears>then artist> the first artist page comes up with 'popular searches' or something at the top, how do you suppose you get there.   Ebay.com seems to have 'bear' 'miniature' etc etc, but ebay.co.uk has 'portobello' and 'meri bears' among others.   I know 'meri bears' is a member here, but I don't see her post very often, if anyone knows..........

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Good Question Clare i've noticed that too

Penny

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi everyone

Hands up, I'm guilty of not posting very much since I registered a few weeks ago.  :redface:

Shortly afterwards I lost my beloved grandfather which was a tough old time and then we took the children to the Algarve for a weeks holiday. What with catching up with everything I've only really had time to just nip in and out of here very briefly.

I'm kind of getting there now and last 2 evenings I've listed a couple of bears on ebay, Berkeley and Mollie. Hopefuly they will get some interest - after a break it's a bit nervy that no one will buy.

Clare    I don't really know why Meri Bears is there at the top of the page :doh:  It's very flattering to be listed near Portabello Bears though. I first noticed it on the ebay pulse page where they show the top 10 searches. The order does change around though from time to time.

I hope to chat with you guys more now as I've got my bear making head back on now - well, I will do even more next week when the girls go back to school.

Take care everyone

Kate
x

www.meribears.fotopic.net

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

So sorry to hear about your Grandfather Kate :(

I sent you a Private Message by the way!!

Danni

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Kate... I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather hon!   bear_cry 

Penny & Clare.... apparently, eBay keeps track of the most popular search words in each category of listings.  They also keep track of the number of watchers that auctions have.... that info can be found on eBay Pulse, along with the top searches in the category, which also comes up near the top of the page when you yourself do a search. 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Deb Upstate New York

Good to see you back Kate.  So sorry about your grandfather.  Grampas are the best!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome back, Kate . . . and I'm sorry about your granddad.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Thanks girls

You are all very kind. bear_flower I'm now so pleased that I was camera happy last Christmas and I have lots of lovely pictures of my Grandfather to look back on.

One thing I've noticed about the ebay Pulse is that you only appear on it once you have at least one bid. Example  - Once I had a bear with 14 watchers no bids and another bear listed at the same time with 11 watchers and 1 bid. Only the bear with the bid showed on the pulse even though it had less watchers.

It was only when the other bear (14 watchers) got a bid that he appeared on the pulse in a higher position than the bear with 11 watchers!

Kate
x

www.meribears.fotopic.net

Board footer