Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

teeeej Brisbane

Hi all you TT's. I was wondering if anyone is heading along to the shows next week? I'm looking forward to them and some workshops. I am also entered into some of the competitions. Hopefully I can get over this cold and have a great time.  bear_cry

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

I am going to Winter Wonderland in Brisbane. My show preparation has been very very slow. This is the stage I am up to.  Nothing is finished and this weekend I am off to Sydney.

ftt.JPG

No need to stress!!! bear_grin   Who am I kidding???

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

I cannot make it to either this year bear_sad  although a few of my bears will be attending Winter Wonderland "in the fur", hope they enjoy themselves bear_grin

Rainebears Rainebears
Wellington, New Zealand

Tracey and myself will be at both shows. We fly out first thing tomorrow morning. Stop by and say hello, we would love to meet you. Good luck in the competitions.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I will be at Jupiters on Sunday... not sure how many bears I will have lol...  I have a late night ahead of me tonight I know that much!!
      Looking forward to the show, I love doing the Gold Coast show- I hope you guys turn on some nicer weather for us southerners  tho! bear_happy
  I wish I was staying on for Winter Wonderland but I can never get enough bears done to do both shows!:)

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Hi Gals!

We are here already...have been since Thursday.
Betty and I are having a great time.
Tracy and Laraine we'll meet you 8pm outside the restaurant...see the rest of you on Sunday!!!!!
Thank heavens for internet cafes... :crackup:

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

teeeej Brisbane

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am packing right now for my stay on the Gold coast- I took a week off for my birthday. Luckily for me I live in Brissie and don't have far to go. I will remember to say Hi to everyone! bear_grin

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I won't be going but a few of my bears will be there!  bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

How did the show go yesterday girls?    Waiting Anxiously here  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

karenaus Melbourne
Website
rufnut wrote:

How did the show go yesterday girls?    Waiting Anxiously here  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hey Karen,  the show went well- we started out at the meet and greet on Saturday night which was fun (havent been before) Lots of people to catch up with, yummy finger foods hehe... Show started at 9.30 Sunday morning ( bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_grin )  Unlike most shows, the 'rush' didn't start til 10-10.30- there were  collectors lined up at the doors when it opened but I think the bulk of the crowds had a sleep in hehe. I ended up having a pretty good show, and as always the organising was great, and that venue can't be beat!:)
   Caught up with Sandi who was there taking pics for Bear Creations, as well as our kiwi friends, got to see tracey and Laraines Golden Teddy Nominees in person (ahh adorable!!!!) and cos we were close together had a good chance to chat in the quiet times.
   Thankfully I managed to come home with less luggage than I went with which was good, since we went with Jetstar who it turns out are REALLY strict with overweight baggage... a word of warning if you think you are going to be overweight with your bags by even a KILO, DONT fly Jetstar! lol

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thanks Karen, sounds like it was a successful show as usual and a fab venue, congrats  :hug:  :hug:  I had a moment early yesterday morning  where I nearly jumped on a flight  to be there by Jetstar at noon but all the best would have been over by then, but for a few hours its still exxxy.   Sounds like a fun time had by all.  Bet you appreciate our cold day at home today. bear_sad

Looking forward to seeing some pics when everyone is rested. Thanks for the quick response.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Hi Girls!

We are still on the Gold Coast enjoying the humid weather...damp and sunny!

Had a great time Sunday...it was wonderful to see all the TT girls at the show. Will have some photos for you all when we get back.

The people seemed to come through fairly steadily all day, but I  would certainly say it wasn't crowded. Adopted a couple of bears...one from Tracey and one from Laraine...they were just too hard to resist.

Did manage to catch up with some of my own collectors that had moved up here last year, which was lovely too. Will fill you in more when I get back.

Cheers!

Board footer