Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

mohair.jpgHi all
I have been experimenting with dying mohair. I use Earth Pallette dyes. They are so easy. I dyed this piece of mohair which was a tanny creamy colour and dyed it with pink. It turned out as a pinky watermelon colour. I love it. With yellowy background. I am in the process of making some traditional bears which even when I first start never done. So they will be interesting. But I can't wait to see this piece made up. I Am Bored with the colour you get these day and thought I would buy a bulk of mohair in loom state and hand dye them all. I will be offering some at the South Australia Bear show in August, But I will put them on my site as well. I will price them very reasonable. So if you too are bored with the traditional colours keep a eye out on my site. bear_original

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I'm with you.  I dye most of my mohair.  I really enjoy playing around with all of the colors.  I also like having a color that's just a bit different from the rest.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thatsd a lovely shade of pink, yumm.....good for you, it is fun.  I use kool ade and have fun with the pastel shades that I get.

Will be fun to see what you do next!

gollyhugs
dilu

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh Nooooo!!!!
You will have the dying bug like me now  bear_grin
What a wonderful pink you got with your dye.   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

What a lovely color! I, too, hand dye a lot of my mohair.  Much easier to get one large piece of white mohair, and change the colors than to get all small pieces of different colors.
Great job!
Amy

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

I love mixing the koolaid colors and watching what it turns into!

Board footer