Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I love this list (just look at my number of posts), but I've been absent for a while.

Here's the reason--I'M A GRANDMOTHER!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

n719730194_3018853_4117.jpg

Little Jason Baird Winter is now 3 months old, and the light of my life. I get him all to myself two days a week, huzza, so my daughter can work at home . . . at least that's what I told her.

He is so ultra-delicious!

I don't want to give him back.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Jason is a cutie, I'm sure you will have loads of fun taking care of him twice a week  bear_grin  bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Eileen,

Please understand; I am sooooo jelouse

But if I can't have him, then congratulations, I am so happy for you!!!

Such an absolutely adorable little guy!  Such expression!...(it is not gas, don't believe everything those silly nurses say!)

happy days for you!

hugs
dilu

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Congratulations Eileen!  What a CUTIE pie!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Adorable . . . lucky you!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, all--he is adorable.

You're right Dilu--some nurses don't believe it, but babies smile!

Hang in there, girl--I had to wait until I was almost 64 for my first grandchild. I'm shamelessly lobbying for the second!

This little guy has been smiling at us since he was about 4 weeks old. When he has a gas pain, he turns purple and SCREAMS.

He's now practicing what his mommy insists is a laugh--it sounds like a series of little coughs!

Border Collie Bear loves him. We allow a lick here and there, but what Bear really wants is to lick him all over 'til he's sticky.

Did I mention how incredibly cute he is?

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I understand fully what you're going through. My first granddaughter was born last year and I was already 60!!!! That was so unfair - didn't they understand that my biological clock was ticking away - I was waiting for that child since my daughters were in their early 20's and finally my son came through.

Marion

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

awwww. hes soo cute!!! My mum is 64 and still waiting for a grandchild bear_whistle ..ive been trying for a couple of years..but no luck yet..I say my brothers should give it a whirl..theyre older than me!!
Kerrilyn

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: Don't give up, Marion and Christine!

In honor of my new status, I'm letting my grey grow out.

Right now it looks awful, as if I'm wearing a bird's nest on my head. :(

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Marion--

I've got to admit that after a day with little Jason, my baby-hoisting muscles are very sore!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aww Eileen,  what a cutie pie!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  They are so small but bring so much joy, don't they!  I do admit that after a full day with Corson, I am run ragged and usually ready for a nap :lol:!  He's very active.

I was 54 when our grandson was born and it seems like yesterday, although he just finished his first year of school (Jr Kindergarten).  He may be the only grandchild we get though.  Daughter and her hubby are separated and our son isn't married and seems to have no interest in having children - that would require him to grow up first  :crackup:

Waiting for our kids to have grandchildren seems to be such a common issue with parents these days.  We waited years to get them out of the house to reclaim our space and then they refuse to give us grandchildren  :crackup: 

hugs,

Brenda

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Color me green with envy!!!  Oooooooh, he's so cute!!  I wouldn't be chatting it up on TT either if I had such a precious little peach to hold and love.  Someday I will be so lucky as you are to be a grandmother.  (sigh)  Someday.

Hugs and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Huge congratulations to you, Eileen.  What a cutie ! ! !  And, you lucky duck, you get him 2 days a week. 

I became a grandmother for the first time (at age 53) in December but, alas, my little Sullivan is half way across the country in Nashville.   bear_sad    But they're planning a visit in July.  bear_original

I too am campaigning for a second.   My younger daughter who lives nearby, has a boyfriend and it's looking kind of serious.  I find myself asking her if marriage is in the conversations because, "I am going to be wanting more grandbabies, you know.  Don't rush things, but . . . well, you know."   Yep, no pressure, Paigie . . . NOT.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I know I'm soooo lucky to have a grandchild nearby.

His other first-time granny lives in British Columbia--she's visits, but she's trying hard to sell her house and move back to Toronto. Pictures are no substitute for those sweet fat cheeks!

I've just told my daughters to expect pressure from me, but to ignore it and do their own things . . . just not for too long! It was the best I could do . . .

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

I can't wait! My daughter-in-law's doc said he would be surprised if she made it past Fourth of July. So I've been taking my cell phone to bed with me! She works only two buildings away from me so I'm close during the day. This is our first baby grandchild. Can't wait! Our second son married a girl with a two year old, now four. They are also expecting at Thanksgiving.

I was also thinking about letting the grey take over! After being sick last year my grey hair seems to have exponentially increased. It used to be a couple here and there, now I'm lucky if my really color is a couple here and there. I decided to wait until I'm 50 though. I'm 46 now and my 13 daughter said she would die if I had grey hair.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: How wonderful to be looking forward to TWO!!

I think you'll know when the time is right--I've kept coloring my hair for the sake of various family members plus one dear but opinionated neighbor, but I've had it.

Besides, past a certain point, dark hair doesn't  really doesn't seem to work. So by the time my present (shortened) thatch grows out, I should be pure silver! Which is actually the closest I'll ever come to being a blonde . . .

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

ooooooh I'm so jealous....he's adorable  bear_wub  bear_wub ...I could just squidge him to bits!  bear_rolleyes I'm a long way off being a granny....my son is just about to graduate from university!....but my sister's baby is due in October...so I'll get a few squidges then!  bear_grin
Lynne  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

congrats on being a grandmother!  I can see why you don't want to give him back.  I just made my mom a grandmother 2 months ago, and she's so excited.  And I'm excited too - happy to be a mom.  bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_thumb It's the best! bear_wub

Somehow this little dude seems to sum up and enclose the whole family in one rosy little bundle. bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Eileen!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I've been offline since the 24th, so a little late, but I'm so happy for you and Jason is beautiful!!   bear_innocent  bear_innocent  bear_innocent

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, Sarah! I'm having the BEST time being a Granny!!

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Ellen,

Somehow I missed this post until today. Congrats on the new grandbaby! He is quite a cutie.

Hugs,

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Eileen, how could I have missed this??????? What a wonderful little boy,  bear_wub  congratulations Granny Eileen!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks, Gizette and Jane!

Since I had three girls, I'm really looking forward to playing with some boytoys!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats Eileen, what a cutie.  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer