Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

StarHawk2003 VallierBears
Shropshire

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble uploading my website to the FTP server. When I upload the images and index file, it's not displaying any of the backgrounds, borders, or other images. I used nvu to build the website and upload it to the server, but it only displays the text... I have also tried to upload it using filezilla with no success.

The website works when I click on the index file and displays correctly. I am totally baffled when I upload it and nothing happens... I wonder if anyone knows what I am doing wrong and what I can do to fix it...

I am trying to upload it to GoDaddy hosting service.

Thank you,

Hugs,

Richy~ :hug:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Richy,

I do sympathise with you as I have been there many a time!!  It could be a few things, but first I would check that you have entered all the links correctly on your local site, and double check link spellings etc.  If a link is wrong by the slightest dot, it will obviously not be able to track the image that it needs.  Double check you have uploaded everything, as sometimes I overlook uploading an image or something, and also remember to "refresh" that upload.  I can only comment really on Dreamweaver because that is what I use, but I should think that a lot of operations between servers are the same.

The only other thing is check with the GoDaddy people as they may be having a problem with their services themselves.

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful at this stage, but can only go on what has happened to me when I have encountered this problem.  But I would suggest trying this first.

Good luck!

Marilyn

Board footer