Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi,

I've been working on a website in Dreamweaver and got it uploaded to my server.  It still has some problems, though, and I'm not sure how to fix them.  Are there any Dreamweaver users who would know how to change the header design so it stays centered and moves to accommodate different browser window sizes?  Right now, it stays where it is, and everything else moves.   I'm a new Dreamweaver user, and find it pretty confusing. 

I tried changing the template I made for the site, and was able to delete some things, but it won't let me add things now.  I can't undo to where it started, either.  I tried doing a second template.  Now I can't save anything -- I get a message saying "sharing issues".

Thanks for any help.   bear_original

Hugs,

Ellen

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Ellen,
I was just forced to move my website from Adobe GoLive to Dreamweaver and it was a struggle. I finally hired a young guy, independent and not expensive, to help me out. I do know that some of the new browsers, like Safari, never seem to show the website correctly. It's not easy and you're not alone. But I do think we all need outside help when changing or starting a new website program. The simpliest thing can drive you crazy  bear_wacko
Karen Lyons

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi Karen,

Your website looks wonderful!! 

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in thinking Dreamweaver can drive you crazy.  bear_original  I paid one of my daughter's friends (a computer science and physics major in college) to help me.  He isn't very familiar with Dreamweaver, though, and did everything in code using CSS.  Then I couldn't go back and change stuff because I don't know coding.  We ended up starting over and using tables.  He had to go to Brazil, so isn't too available now.  How did you find the person who helped you?

I found out that Dreamweaver has a forum that is very helpful.  http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/ … he=3783928   
Someone on the forum gave me the code to change the heading.  I wasn't sure where to put it though, and if I had to take anything out or not.  I wound up changing the header a little, and think it is working ok now. 

Hugs,

Ellen

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Ellen,
THank you, but right now my site has a lot of little errors that me and my computer guy are working through (one being that Safari browser problem?!). I should have it all together in a couple weeks and launch the whole thing. I did take a 5 day course on basic html. I was amazed that I did understand basic code by the end of the class. I don't do my own coding but it helps when there is a problem and it involves just one or two misplaced pieces of code. It, also, helps a lot when I'm mounting an auction. IT's hard work but I really like having some control of my website and understanding, more or less, what's going on.
Karen

Board footer