Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I just love these vintage pics of children and dogs, here is a great one........notice the sweet teddy bear on the floor bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

girlpitdressedup_w.jpg

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney
doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Really cute picture.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Beautiful picture  bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nice vintage photo.  Photography needs to go back to some of these ways of setting up pictures.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

love the photo but can't figure out the streaming things on the curtain?  Am I being too totally wonky this day?
hmmmmm

love vintage photos, and have started collecting golly ones.

oddly mostly from GB..... bear_grin

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ha, Dilu . . . I thought that might be an apron hanging up there on the wall and those were the apron strings.  Anyone else have an idea?

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
SueAnn wrote:

Ha, Dilu . . . I thought that might be an apron hanging up there on the wall and those were the apron strings.  Anyone else have an idea?

I agree SueAnn, I think it is an apron!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Or just a curtain blowing in the breeze??????? 

My absolute favorite bit of this pic ~ that little girl's bestest friend is a pitbull bear_wub   I know there may be breeding troubles now, but that breed was never meant to be vicious towards humans, only towards other dogs (terrier) and to be determined to do its job which was to hang onto a bull by the nose. 

Tami, thank you for finding such a treasure  :hug:  I adore these vinatage photos too  :photo:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC
DebbieD wrote:

My absolute favorite bit of this pic ~ that little girl's bestest friend is a pitbull bear_wub   I know there may be breeding troubles now, but that breed was never meant to be vicious towards humans, only towards other dogs (terrier) and to be determined to do its job which was to hang onto a bull by the nose.

I was just getting ready to say this, Deb!  We rescued our Pitbull and she's just the sweetest thing.  I have NO fears of her being with the kids; you are right, they are meant to be one of the best canine companions for humans. I don't know how many times I've accidentally stepped on a tail or knocked her in the head with my shoe (because she's laying underfoot) and no reaction but an ears down, wagging tail like, "Ow mom!"  And the same reaction with the kids.... she is simply wonderful!  And she is very animal friendly as well.  Easily one of the best dog breeds I've ever owned, and I've oened A LOT of dogs in my life!

Unfortunately, you are right... too many bad people making them bad dogs.  Only because of their looks and their heart to do whatever to please their owner... Unfortunately you'd much sooner see a drug dealer or a dog fighter with a Pit, not a Golden Retriever or a Poodle, right? Okay, okay, off of my soapbox now.....  bear_ermm

Board footer